2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The obsession with Rondon is weird. He was a free signing to cover being a third choice striker. He’s probably even 4th choice if everyone was match fit because I’m not convinced Tosun wouldn’t be picked or Gray put up top (as we saw in early games a few times).

Instead because of injuries he was forced to play before he was fit and he has had two or three situations where the keeper has either pulled off a decent save or he was inches away from tapping in. He could have easily had two against Brentford from the same type of move that got blocked twice by the keeper.

People are just making out he’s the worst footballer they’ve ever seen because they’re looking for a lightning rod to fry Benitez with. It’s absolutely bizarre, especially considering some of the absolute rubbish we’ve had playing for us. The fact he’s even on the pitch puts him ahead of most of the waste that has been on the pay roll.

Any excuse at the moment though to have a pop.
I’m not using him as a stick to beat the manager with. But he is absolutely rubbish - in isolation that’s not really a big deal. He was a punt on a free.

The obsession with Rondon is weird. He was a free signing to cover being a third choice striker. He’s probably even 4th choice if everyone was match fit because I’m not convinced Tosun wouldn’t be picked or Gray put up top (as we saw in early games a few times).

Instead because of injuries he was forced to play before he was fit and he has had two or three situations where the keeper has either pulled off a decent save or he was inches away from tapping in. He could have easily had two against Brentford from the same type of move that got blocked twice by the keeper.

People are just making out he’s the worst footballer they’ve ever seen because they’re looking for a lightning rod to fry Benitez with. It’s absolutely bizarre, especially considering some of the absolute rubbish we’ve had playing for us. The fact he’s even on the pitch puts him ahead of most of the waste that has been on the pay roll.

Any excuse at the moment though to have a pop.

He’s indicative of all that is wrong with Benitez though.

How he got through a medical is beyond me.

He sounds very confident about his situation. As well he should after being handed 13 games to arrest almost a decade of decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.