2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He has scored goals everywhere he has been. He's played 6 games for us so I'm a little bemused how some have written him off already.
He has scored some goals wherever he's been but not a lot actually. His record in this league is about 1 in 4 i think but none as a sub so although you keep saying he'd be a good sub it's not really clear why you think that because his record suggests he wouldn't really. I was happy enough with signing him to be honest but he looks like a 32 year old who was average at his best and is now well past that so i've changed my mind.

I think tomorrow he'll set up like Spurs and he will just take the hit.

His press conference today was completely uninspiring and it wasn't helped by national and local press asking nothing questions.

No DCL or Mina so it was always going to be a tough game but now tougher. Those players have enough about them to at least fight and work hard which is the bare minimum whether our manager does the same I think not.

He has scored goals everywhere he has been. He's played 6 games for us so I'm a little bemused how some have written him off already.

The obsession with Rondon is weird. He was a free signing to cover being a third choice striker. He’s probably even 4th choice if everyone was match fit because I’m not convinced Tosun wouldn’t be picked or Gray put up top (as we saw in early games a few times).

Instead because of injuries he was forced to play before he was fit and he has had two or three situations where the keeper has either pulled off a decent save or he was inches away from tapping in. He could have easily had two against Brentford from the same type of move that got blocked twice by the keeper.

People are just making out he’s the worst footballer they’ve ever seen because they’re looking for a lightning rod to fry Benitez with. It’s absolutely bizarre, especially considering some of the absolute rubbish we’ve had playing for us. The fact he’s even on the pitch puts him ahead of most of the waste that has been on the pay roll.

Any excuse at the moment though to have a pop.

The obsession with Rondon is weird. He was a free signing to cover being a third choice striker. He’s probably even 4th choice if everyone was match fit because I’m not convinced Tosun wouldn’t be picked or Gray put up top (as we saw in early games a few times).

Instead because of injuries he was forced to play before he was fit and he has had two or three situations where the keeper has either pulled off a decent save or he was inches away from tapping in. He could have easily had two against Brentford from the same type of move that got blocked twice by the keeper.

People are just making out he’s the worst footballer they’ve ever seen because they’re looking for a lightning rod to fry Benitez with. It’s absolutely bizarre, especially considering some of the absolute rubbish we’ve had playing for us. The fact he’s even on the pitch puts him ahead of most of the waste that has been on the pay roll.

Any excuse at the moment though to have a pop.

No, we are making out he’s the worst footballer we’ve ever seen because he’s the worst footballer we’ve ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.