2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really think he's starting games if DCL and Richy are playing? He's not a PL starter for any club.

But there was always the chance he would have to play though.

You look at Charlie ( no knees ) Austin last night playing for QPR. He was mobile, provided a real threat, linked up well and led the line well.

He’s of a similar age to Rondonuts, he was on a free, yet somehow he’s managed to maintain a good level of fitness, despite all of his injuries.

I’m not saying that we should’ve got Austin, but using him as an example that there were other journeymen centre forwards out there on a free.

Yet, for some bizarre reason it had to be an overweight, unfit and technically very limited footballer that Benitez had to have, as his bargain basement backup
striker.

But there was always the chance he would have to play though.

You look at Charlie ( no knees ) Austin last night playing for QPR. He was mobile, provided a real threat, linked up well and led the line well.

He’s of a similar age to Rondonuts, he was on a free, yet somehow he’s managed to maintain a good level of fitness, despite all of his injuries.

I’m not saying that we should’ve got Austin, but using him as an example that there were other journeymen centre forwards out there on a free.

Yet, for some bizarre reason it had to be an overweight, unfit and technically very limited footballer that Benitez had to have, as his bargain basement backup
striker.
It's because we left it so late. He was all that was left.
Story I heard at the weekend was we had 3 players lined up for weeks on the condition James went.
How true it is I don't know but this came from someone who has never given me duff info before.

The obsession with Rondon is weird. He was a free signing to cover being a third choice striker. He’s probably even 4th choice if everyone was match fit because I’m not convinced Tosun wouldn’t be picked or Gray put up top (as we saw in early games a few times).

Instead because of injuries he was forced to play before he was fit and he has had two or three situations where the keeper has either pulled off a decent save or he was inches away from tapping in. He could have easily had two against Brentford from the same type of move that got blocked twice by the keeper.

People are just making out he’s the worst footballer they’ve ever seen because they’re looking for a lightning rod to fry Benitez with. It’s absolutely bizarre, especially considering some of the absolute rubbish we’ve had playing for us. The fact he’s even on the pitch puts him ahead of most of the waste that has been on the pay roll.

Any excuse at the moment though to have a pop.
The fact remains that the fella is no use to anyone whilst he's unfit. He was when he came, and, by his own admission, he still is. He refused to take part for Venezuela last week because he said he knew he couldn't do justice to his country's shirt. Yet he gets a Royal Blue one even when there's a fit striker on the bench ??? It doesn't even defy logic.... because there is none at all.

The fact remains that the fella is no use to anyone whilst he's unfit. He was when he came, and, by his own admission, he still is. He refused to take part for Venezuela last week because he said he knew he couldn't do justice to his country's shirt. Yet he gets a Royal Blue one even when there's a fit striker on the bench ??? It doesn't even defy logic.... because there is none at all.
Is that right he refused to play for Venezuela because he couldn’t justify the shirt?
But he’s happy to lounge around wearing ours and the manager still picks him?
Who’s to blame for that situation?

Let the collaborators justify that one

Not quite true. It was to improve his fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.