Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's how bad the moaners are: going into next weeks match against S'ton under normal circumstances I'd have been pretty much open minded about judging the manager - given his former connections and the fact he's a bit of a cold fish and a mercenary. As I've said loads of times - I have no dog in this fight...he does well and stays or he craters us and he leaves. However, the repellent way many have acted - actually REVELLING in Everton getting a mauling today - has turned me 100% toward the Benitez IN camp.

...and I dont think I'm alone.

You've sickened your own supporters. Well done. And if we do well under Benitez you wont be able to enjoy it and you have no team. That's 'kin clever isn't it?

If Richarlison was available and McNeil was signed Townsend would be on the bench mate.

Fuming over a pre season game when half the attacking talent was unavailable and we have made no quality signings is amazingly short sighted.

I would go with 433 myself like but its personnel that is the problem.
And if my auntie had a Wang she'd be my uncle. We'll have neither of those next Saturday. So....... Townsend?

Here's how bad the moaners are: going into next weeks match against S'ton under normal circumstances I'd have been pretty much open minded about judging the manager - given his former connections and the fact he's a bit of a cold fish and a mercenary. As I've said loads of times - I have no dog in this fight...he does well and stays or he craters us and he leaves. However, the repellent way many have acted - actually REVELLING in Everton getting a mauling today - has turned me 100% toward the Benitez IN camp.

You've sickened your own supporters. Well done. And if we do well under Benitez you wont be able to enjoy it and you have no team. That's 'kin clever isn't it?

Yes?

Not sure how else I was supposed to answer tbh.

As someone who was scarred mentally by the Plotter v Robertonian wars I can tell you I'm NOT looking forward to the next civil war.

The forum today has been toxic...over a poxy friendly.

We're better than this.

Do you want a civil war? It seems like you want a civil war. Despite not looking forward to it you seem to be actively stoking one.

100% agree but the solution isn't sacking Benitez and keep going around in circles.

The fans should be asking serious questions about Brands/recruitment/the academy as thats ultimately is why we are where we are.

The people fuming over Benitez would only be fuming over Nuno or Howe or whoever is manager. I'm just as guilty over the years but once you see the bigger picture you realise very very few managers would succeed at this club at present.
To be fair, I really don’t like the idea of Benitez as manager, but you make an excellent point here. Most of our signings make it look like we have no scouts, and we haven’t bought anyone decent through the academy in a long time.

He's been here nearly 6 weeks and hasnt addressed any problems.

Yet every man & his dog knows we need a right back , another midfielder & a right mid.

But he has a plan yanno.

Blaming the clubs problems of the last 7 years on the fella who's been here 6 weeks lol

Everton cant finalise deals because we have to get players out the door first thats not Benitez's fault.

I mean he's rich, so good pressies. He could also sort me out with tickets to GP, then again I'd have to watch him play (and for Benitez to boot), so swings and roundabouts.

Better choice than someone like Delph.
I can just see him blowing out the kid's candles for him before freewheeling his new bike down the path into your car before telling you he parks cars much better than that and he'll be back for preseason.

He's up to it; the players aren't and the man he's supposed to work alongside on recruitment is a complete duffer who shouldn't be anywhere near a PL football club.
The fellas never going to be accepted but the owner and dof are 100% to blame. My god after his appointment then sign 2 lower league has beens, then trawl the league of China for another mercenary?

He's been here nearly 6 weeks and hasnt addressed any problems.

Yet every man & his dog knows we need a right back , another midfielder & a right mid.

But he has a plan yanno.
Do you not think Benitez knows this. We have no money so how is he supposed to buy?. How is this his fault?. I applaud him for coming to us with the team of clowns and no funds.

Status
Not open for further replies.