Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must be joking - Ancelotti had excuse after excuse made for him and Silva had a "transition season".

The fanbase literally decide how good a manager is these days based on the name alone and if they aint a sexy enough name they dont deserve a chance and need legging right away.

If some fut hipster like Potter came in we could have been tonked 4-0 by Accrington Stanley and it would have been "give him a chance to bring his own players in".
Absolute rubbish mate and you know it.

All of those managers and I missed off Martinez were failures, including Carlo and I was an advocate of his, but my point is, we are making the same mistake over and over and over again but expecting a different result each time.

The blame overall sits with Mosh scattergun approach to it, it's quite hard to comprehend given his business acumen.

Absolute rubbish mate and you know it.

All of those managers and I missed off Martinez were failures, including Carlo and I was an advocate of his, but my point is, we are making the same mistake over and over and over again but expecting a different result each time.

The blame overall sits with Mosh scattergun approach to it, it's quite hard to comprehend given his business acumen.

100% agree but the solution isn't sacking Benitez and keep going around in circles.

The fans should be asking serious questions about Brands/recruitment/the academy as thats ultimately is why we are where we are.

The people fuming over Benitez would only be fuming over Nuno or Howe or whoever is manager. I'm just as guilty over the years but once you see the bigger picture you realise very very few managers would succeed at this club at present.

If I was Benitez I'd make it known that any of the sellable players in the squad are for sale and then recycle the cash.

The only way he'll get an honest performance from players loyal to him is if he buys them.

I'm pretty coincided that this shower of rubbish will see an opportunity to clock off and have the manager carry the can.

I'd rather fail with my own players on the pitch rather than failing with players sabotaging me.

You must be joking - Ancelotti had excuse after excuse made for him and Silva had a "transition season".

The fanbase literally decide how good a manager is these days based on the name alone and if they aint a sexy enough name they dont deserve a chance and need legging right away.

If some fut hipster like Potter came in we could have been tonked 4-0 by Accrington Stanley and it would have been "give him a chance to bring his own players in".
I dont think you can generalise over Evertonians wanting to dispatch a manager who they felt needed "legging right away"...I personally cant think of any Glenn Keeley of managers who was finished here after his first 90 minutes. Evertonians usually arent that knee-jerk... though we can spot a dud rather earlier than most wearing rose tinted specs. Trouble with all this scenario is, Benitez is behind the eight ball before he starts here for obvious reasons. Regardless of this today, he needs to set his stall out and get the hinted fast pace movement materialising. For Christ's sake, these are "professional sportsmen", theres enough supposed fitness scientists at F/Farm to get them fit.... its not a bleedin health spa. Senor Benitez has also got his work cut out with this recurrent problem of the zonal marking. Are the players up to it... pitched against type, often tall v short, inevitably resulting in failure. Sort it please or abandon it. This club is bigger than any individual and the rank and file wont allow it to sink into the same sludge of recurrent failings without a fight.

If I was Benitez I'd make it known that any of the sellable players in the squad are for sale and then recycle the cash.

The only way he'll get an honest performance from players loyal to him is if he buys them.

I'm pretty coincided that this shower of rubbish will see an opportunity to clock off and have the manager carry the can.

I'd rather fail with my own players on the pitch rather than failing with players sabotaging me.

I'm sure he thinks the same. The problem is we have players in the squad who, wages factored in, are unsellable.

Of course there is but c’mon the man is a spent force. We’re going to struggle big time. He’s been landed with the biggest pay day in his career.
He's up to it; the players aren't and the man he's supposed to work alongside on recruitment is a complete duffer who shouldn't be anywhere near a PL football club.

I never wanted him anywhere near our club. But as time went on and it sunk in that he's here I though wtf, see what he can do, at the end of the day I support the team no matter what.

However... If he's not backed with some money for signings I'd walk away if I was him. The last three managers have failed despite financial backing and yet success is required from the new man with no money? Either the new success is to avoid relegation or something isn't right.

Status
Not open for further replies.