Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some can look better than others and for many it depends upon their fit within a system and the blend of the the team. Two pacey wingers are potentially a positive with DCL in the middle. It would be even better if we did not have to wait for Gomes to come lumbering up the middle to join the attack so let us see who else we get.
Townsend hasn't been pacey for years.

The harsh reality is we've tried every type of manager post Moyes and it hasn't worked in which during that time the solid foundations, strong work ethic and shrewd scouting system have all been demolished.

At this present time we need a Benitez/Moyes type Sgt Major manager to have this squad of lazy disinterested players busting a gut.

Otherwise if we keep appointing the likes of Potter/Portuguese flavour of the month and give them this group of players it'll be groundhog day with them sacked within 18 months.

We have to break the cycle at some point and Usmanov has gone out and got someone who if given time and money will get us back to the stage we were at under Moyes.

Its a tough pill to swallow but thats where we are at as a club. We cant go straight from what we watched last season to playing like Leicester overnight with FFP restrictions/a crap DOF.
I have always argued that a manager needs time so appointing a manager who lacks 100% support seems to be an unnecessary risk.
He is in exactly the same position as Allardyce, starting with a paucity of goodwill and if he can’t produce decent football before the season ends he will be getting the bums rush same as Allardyce did even though he got us in 8th spot.

I have always argued that a manager needs time so appointing a manager who lacks 100% support seems to be an unnecessary risk.
He is in exactly the same position as Allardyce, starting with a paucity of goodwill and if he can’t produce decent football before the season ends he will be getting the bums rush same as Allardyce did even though he got us in 8th spot.
I just hope that the atmosphere at GP is not as toxic as I fear it will be. I have watched so many clubs with managers or owners the support does not accept and the atmosphere is terrible and must have a detrimental effect on the team even though they always come out and say it doesn’t. It is what it is. Got to get on with it

Status
Not open for further replies.