Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
That may be true - but hating him before a ball has even been kicked is a bit stupid no?
Not really since he’s been around long enough for me to form a reasonably informed and overwhelmingly negative opinion of his style of play.
I don’t hate him necessarily just disprove of and dislike him.
But unless he confounds my expectations of dour negative football, the hate will arrive.

That may be true - but hating him before a ball has even been kicked is a bit stupid no?
No. It's based on empirical evidence rather than your view which is based on wishful thinking. If you were cautiously optimistic and happy to acknowledge positives and negatives regarding the appointment and subsequent transfer business then your position could be considered rational, however you have gone full on "Rafatollah" disciple and have clearly lost your mind.

No. It's based on empirical evidence rather than your view which is based on wishful thinking. If you were cautiously optimistic and happy to acknowledge positives and negatives regarding the appointment and subsequent transfer business then your position could be considered rational, however you have gone full on "Rafatollah" disciple and have clearly lost your mind.

Like the Champions League, Europa League, La Liga and Copa Italia medals?

Like the Champions League, Europa League, La Liga and Copa Italia medals?
He did win those things A long time ago. He's now in the category with Mourinho and probably Ancelotti of very successful managers who failed to move on when the game did. You can ignore his relegation with Newcastle, his mid-table mediocrity when they returned to the PL and his retirement gig in China, where he was one match away from relegating Dalian, if you want but it doesn't change the fact that it all happened. I can acknowledge Benitez's achievements and still not want him at our club. You can't acknowledge his deficiencies at all, it makes you an unreliable narrator of our current situation. You have sacrificed all objectivity to score points off fellow blues and make yourself a strange sort of pantomime character on here. Whatever works for you, I guess?

He did win those things A long time ago. He's now in the category with Mourinho and probably Ancelotti of very successful managers who failed to move on when the game did. You can ignore his relegation with Newcastle, his mid-table mediocrity when they returned to the PL and his retirement gig in China, where he was one match away from relegating Dalian, if you want but it doesn't change the fact that it all happened. I can acknowledge Benitez's achievements and still not want him at our club. You can't acknowledge his deficiencies at all, it makes you an unreliable narrator of our current situation. You have sacrificed all objectivity to score points off fellow blues and make yourself a strange sort of pantomime character on here. Whatever works for you, I guess?

Wait so Ancelotti was hailed a Saint despite being largely past it yet Benitez gets no chance whatsoever?

No agenda there at all Windy :hayee:

Wait so Ancelotti was hailed a Saint despite being largely past it yet Benitez gets no chance whatsoever?

No agenda there at all Windy :hayee:
We're doing this again are we? Where have I proclaimed Ancelotti to be a "Saint"? I was pleased when Ancelotti arrived, he had no baggage relating to us and his arrival was followed by quality signings. Benitez has a shipping container full of baggage and signed Begovic, Gray and Townsend. It's not the same thing at all.

We're doing this again are we? Where have I proclaimed Ancelotti to be a "Saint"? I was pleased when Ancelotti arrived, he had no baggage relating to us and his arrival was followed by quality signings. Benitez has a shipping container full of baggage and signed Begovic, Gray and Townsend. It's not the same thing at all.

Benitez only has baggage if you solely look at him as "ex Liverpool manager"

If you look at him as "ex Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle manager" his baggage is near non existent.

What would represent baggage to you?

Baggage to me for a manager is someone like Nuno who's in the pocket of an agent or El Loco who has inherit flaws such as not being able to organise a defence.

Benitez has neither - I can accept (although strongly disagree) some view the ex LFC connection as being "baggage" which is fine but surely that would only be baggage if he was at LFC exclusively for decades like Fergusen/Wenger when in reality he was there a few years and has since managed two other Premier League clubs.

Do they not make the squad stronger? Do they not have the ability to give much better service to Dom? Those wingers are attacking additions. They will spend 99.9% less time on their ass than Richie so may prove helpful.

Baggage to me for a manager is someone like Nuno who's in the pocket of an agent or El Loco who has inherit flaws such as not being able to organise a defence.

Benitez has neither - I can accept (although strongly disagree) some view the ex LFC connection as being "baggage" which is fine but surely that would only be baggage if he was at LFC exclusively for decades like Fergusen/Wenger when in reality he was there a few years and has since managed two other Premier League clubs.
Bizarre, you think baggage is how a manager organises a team after they arrive at a club, typically baggage is something you bring with you that wasn't there before.

As I say, any criticism of Benitez, on any subject, is rejected by you. He is perfect according to you. Yet, repeatedly, you suggest a top half finish, something achieved by other managers you denigrate, is apparently the height of your expectations for him. I'm finding it hard to reconcile your two positions.

Bizarre, you think baggage is how a manager organises a team after they arrive at a club, typically baggage is something you bring with you that wasn't there before.

As I say, any criticism of Benitez, on any subject, is rejected by you. He is perfect according to you. Yet, repeatedly, you suggest a top half finish, something achieved by other managers you denigrate, is apparently the height of your expectations for him. I'm finding it hard to reconcile your two positions.

Never once said Benitez is perfect - im just willing to give him a chance before a ball has been kicked whereas you and the rest of the Cult actively want him gone before the season has started because he once managed Liverpool.

Throw in threatening banners, inflammatory language towards the bloke I massively want him to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.