Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from the millions of pounds and short commute?
That's part of my point, he lives local and all of the hassle that comes with taking this particular job is made worse by living in the area. As for money I'm sure he has earned more than enough over the years. He could do punditry work for decent cash too. There is an obvious hunger to succeed with us.

That's part of my point, he lives local and all of the hassle that comes with taking this particular job is made worse by living in the area. As for money I'm sure he has earned more than enough over the years. He could do punditry work for decent cash too. There is an obvious hunger to succeed with us.
There's obvious hunger for more cash. This is a no lose situation for him, he does well and it cements his legacy, he hangs out with his family and massively enriches himself, if he does poorly he gets his massive payout and still gets to stay at home. China showed he was a mercenary, this just confirms it.

Even if he was here for the money who's arsed providing he does a good job?

None of our players are here because they are Evertonians who love the club and neither were any of the managers who came before Benitez.

There's obvious hunger for more cash. This is a no lose situation for him, he does well and it cements his legacy, he hangs out with his family and massively enriches himself, if he does poorly he gets his massive payout and still gets to stay at home. China showed he was a mercenary, this just confirms it.
It's a hugely cynical view about someone that I assume you don't know. As long as he succeeds I couldn't care less about his underlying motives, but time will tell I suppose.

Even if he was here for the money who's arsed providing he does a good job?

None of our players are here because they are Evertonians who love the club and neither were any of the managers who came before Benitez.
Mate, you criticise the players for being mercenaries who don't give a toss about the club all the time. I thought your boy Benitez was now a fully paid up super bloo who loves the club to his core. Or have you changed your mind about that?

It's a hugely cynical view about someone that I assume you don't know. As long as he succeeds I couldn't care less about his underlying motives, but time will tell I suppose.
My view is as informed as your view that he is here because he is desperate to make a sporting success of this post. You have no idea about that either. You can call me cynical and I can call you naively optimistic. Neither of us have an insight into his fat head.

My view is as informed as your view that he is here because he is desperate to make a sporting success of this post. You have no idea about that either. You can call me cynical and I can call you naively optimistic. Neither of us have an insight into his fat head.
Tbh naively optimistic describes me to a tee especially concerning Everton. Quite a few decades of disappointment somehow hasn't knocked it out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.