Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he has won the Champions league trophy for all Merseyside. What a man.

tenor.gif

Guy donated a large sum for Rhys Jones when he wasn’t even in the city anymore. Some real petulance holding on to one comment from so long ago.

Done less harm to Everton than Bill Kenwright ever did.

I'll give him a fair hearing, as it were. If he comes unstuck he's done for and I wouldn't argue too vociferously for retaining him. But to actively want him - and Everton - to fail from the off is off the charts crazy - but many want it to be that way.

*shrugs*

Now that he's here - I didn't agree with the appointment - I am definitely supporting him fully, and I do like the way he interviews and how he comes across in training. Seems to have spoken to all players which is nice, and James looks happy too. He mentioned in his interview today that the players are doing well, and there are still 3 or 4 players - '4' who are usually part of the first team who are not here yet, and that got me quite excited as it's DCL, Pickford, Mina & Richy - not Delph & Siggy ...sorry but for football reasons alone not personal, I'm happy with that thinking

Done less harm to Everton than Bill Kenwright ever did.

I'll give him a fair hearing, as it were. If he comes unstuck he's done for and I wouldn't argue too vociferously for retaining him. But to actively want him - and Everton - to fail from the off is off the charts crazy - but many want it to be that way.

*shrugs*
Can't really disagree with that Dave. As someone who has been lucky to have seen some great times since I started watching EFC (and some absolute crap also) I always thought that after the 80s success we would go on to greater heights.
Sadly this was not to be, mainly for a variety of reasons...hysel robbing us of a chance of the European Cup, the failure of the board to make the most of the start of the Premier league..the horrible 90s with 2 last day relegation battles and then the Moyes tenure ( blue bill wanted Megson)
Stabalized us but hit the glass ceiling and should have been punted after the cup defeat to Chelsea in 2009.
And then we got Moshiri...lots of money to spend....
But
Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, the false dawn of Ancelloti
Look at who is in charge of our club rather than the current manager
How do people want us to lose games?
Coyb

Can't really disagree with that Dave. As someone who has been lucky to have seen some great times since I started watching EFC (and some absolute crap also) I always thought that after the 80s success we would go on to greater heights.
Sadly this was not to be, mainly for a variety of reasons...hysel robbing us of a chance of the European Cup, the failure of the board to make the most of the start of the Premier league..the horrible 90s with 2 last day relegation battles and then the Moyes tenure ( blue bill wanted Megson)
Stabalized us but hit the glass ceiling and should have been punted after the cup defeat to Chelsea in 2009.
And then we got Moshiri...lots of money to spend....
But
Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva, the false dawn of Ancelloti
Look at who is in charge of our club rather than the current manager
How do people want us to lose games?
Coyb
He's a professional.

I bet that squad cant believe they dont have a manager sanctioning "Big Dunc" to tell them how great they are on the training ground and generally stroke their egos while they spew it to the golf course, but one who actually stays there with them and tells them where they're going wrong and what they need to do to improve.

I dont have complete faith in Benitez - it'll be interesting to see how he operates at a big PL club again and whether he has what it takes (maybe he's past it?) - but it wont be for the lack of trying with this feller.

Status
Not open for further replies.