Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you missed my entire point

Your point would have made more sense if their were 10 teams in the Championship with the same budget and squad level as Newcastle had (as in, what City etc. contend with in the CL). Wrestling with the best to win is an achievement, smacking around lowly Rotherham and Burton Albion over the course of a season to win the league not so much.

Leeds didn't have a PL squad for the most part. Newcastle went down and then spent £90m on transfers and came back up.

It wasn't an achievement.
eh? his net spend was bugger all. NOT £90m. So he had to wheel and deal to get a relegated team back up first go, which he did.

I decided to throw a lifeline by replying to a nitwit who regularly types sack Benitez boo boo. It might save his sanity if for a few moments he might believe it was about to happen. Was it you? I can't remember.

You do know it is against the rules of GOT to make things up don't you?
The Mods don't look to kindly on people who post false information as facht.

REPORTED.

eh? his net spend was bugger all. NOT £90m. So he had to wheel and deal to get a relegated team back up first go, which he did.

His net spend was £30m after losing Sissoko (donkey), Wijnaldum and Townsend (lmao).

I'm not taking the time to check but I'm pretty sure that'll be higher than the rest of the leagues.

Your point would have made more sense if their were 10 teams in the Championship with the same budget and squad level as Newcastle had (as in, what City etc. contend with in the CL). Wrestling with the best to win is an achievement, smacking around lowly Rotherham and Burton Albion over the course of a season to win the league not so much.
Yes City contend with that in the Champions league but do you applaud City for winning the league so many times or Real Madrid or Bayern munich. They are the teams we expect to win so as you are saying they haven't achieved anything

Leeds didn't have a PL squad for the most part. Newcastle went down and then spent £90m on transfers and came back up.

It wasn't an achievement.
I don’t think it was £90 million in all honesty. I think they sold quite a few players that year, worth about £86 million, and spent £55 million.

Yes City contend with that in the Champions league but do you applaud City for winning the league so many times or Real Madrid or Bayern munich. They are the teams we expect to win so as you are saying they haven't achieved anything

Do I applaud City for winning the PL by 12 points when their minimum goal is to win the PL? No.

Newcastle's only expectation in the Championship is to get promoted and anything less than that is a sacking so to achieve the minimum requirement shouldn't be applauded.

Do I applaud City for winning the PL by 12 points when their minimum goal is to win the PL? No.

Newcastle's only expectation in the Championship is to get promoted and anything less than that is a sacking so to achieve the minimum requirement shouldn't be applauded.
Sorry, but what?

The fact he stuck around to do it has my respect in that regard.

He took charge with 10 games left and in the relegation places by a point. Only Villa were dead and buried at the bottom. They had 4 of the top 6 to play: Leicester, Liverpool, Southampton and Spurs. Finding his feet, he lost 3 of the first 4 games in charge; then won 12 of the last 18 points (including draws against Liverpool and City and battering Spurs 5-1).

Newcastle didn't employ him early enough. That was the issue.

Laughing.

He took over with 10 games to go, with a game in hand, and 1 point away from safety.

In his own words, he wouldn't have took the job if he thought he couldn't keep them up. He should of.

When he joined, the gap from safety got wider. From 1 point from safety and a game in hand, he was relegated by 3 points (well, 2, but the goal difference made that in effect 3).

When he joined them...

1627050350427.png

He was in a straight fight with Sunderland. He had the advantage, an extra game and a better squad. He had these games to play;

1627050173276.png

He should have kept them up but he failed. In the massive key games, Sunderland, and even a relegated Villa in May - and against Norwich - he didn't deliver;

There's a lot you can try and credit to Benitez, but there's no success at all from his stint at Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.