Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mad this narrative that he performed miracles there. Any bum could’ve had them promoted, the reason their inbred fans idolise him is because of his Liverpool connections and they suck up to anything and everything to do with that club.
They love him because he needled Ashley, that is it, nothing to do with mid-table dirge ball.

To be fair, I think he failed a fair bit in getting Newcastle relegated. When he joined them, it was in their own hands to stay up.

He's only popular with their fanbase because he did his usual fume at his clubs owners.
To be fair to him he only had 10 games. He lost 3 of the first 4 games then seemed to sort the mess out then never lost one. Had Leicester (Champs), Man City, Liverpool and Tottenham amongst those games and only lost against Leicester. It was a tough ask in reality

To be fair, I think he failed a fair bit in getting Newcastle relegated. When he joined them, it was in their own hands to stay up.

He's only popular with their fanbase because he did his usual fume at his clubs owners.
He took charge with 10 games left and in the relegation places by a point. Only Villa were dead and buried at the bottom. They had 4 of the top 6 to play: Leicester, Liverpool, Southampton and Spurs. Finding his feet, he lost 3 of the first 4 games in charge; then won 12 of the last 18 points (including draws against Liverpool and City and battering Spurs 5-1).

Newcastle didn't employ him early enough. That was the issue.

Oh lor, the doomsayers are busy enthusiastically predicting our decline. Are we doomed or do we take a balanced view of our prospects and ignore their inane drivel?

Where is that sensational announcement you promised us mate?

My cork is ready to pop.
I decided to throw a lifeline by replying to a nitwit who regularly types sack Benitez boo boo. It might save his sanity if for a few moments he might believe it was about to happen. Was it you? I can't remember.

Leeds didn't have a PL squad for the most part. Newcastle went down and then spent £90m on transfers and came back up.

It wasn't an achievement.
So Man City, Liverpool winning leagues and cups with Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern Munich are not achievements.........because they are expected.
Looks like that 90m spent on coming back up to the PL has paid off handsomely as they are still in the PL

So Man City, Liverpool winning leagues and cups with Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern Munich are not achievements.........because they are expected.
Looks like that 90m spent on coming back up to the PL has paid off handsomely as they are still in the PL

If Man City got relegated, spent £90m then got promoted would you be applauding that as an achievement?

His Newcastle side were a step above the Championship contenders along with Brighton so getting promoted is just a "well done, you did you job". Why that's so hard to understand for some people is confusing.

If Man City got relegated, spent £90m then got promoted would you be applauding that as an achievement?

His Newcastle side were a step above the Championship contenders along with Brighton so getting promoted is just a "well done, you did you job". Why that's so hard to understand for some people is confusing.
I think you missed my entire point

Where did he say that mate.
I can only see him saying

"These 12 clubs were wrong. They did not take into consideration the opinions of the players, managers or supporters."
and
"This is not acceptable. Our culture, we are born married to our sport. They were wrong, full stop."
I paraphrased it, he's a huge hypocrite plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.