Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the strange thing is I am less arsed about losing to QPR than I would have been in any of the last 20 years or so. Benitez appointment really did drain some of the enthusiasm and fandom out of me. I even remember being more arsed about the BFS era than this. I wish this wasn't the case but it just seems to be so.
End of last season under Carlo was pretty dire but I was still excited by the prospect of Carlo, James, Allan, Godfrey, etc this year. Now its all about rondon and begovic and the FSW - I just dont seem as enthused - is anyon e else suffering from this malaise?

We had loads of injuries last season!
Very true - we need to take a long hard look at our medical staff and fitness coaches. Maybe Delph and Gbamin are just injury prone - Delph especially should never have been bought - but we seem to suffer endless injuries in training and players are often out for extended periods - Doucoure and Allan last season were both out for months and as a result our form fell off a cliff.

The club is such a mess I cant really see any light at the end of the tunnel.....

No squad depth
No money
Out of another cup at the 1st attempt and outplayed by an average midtable Championship side
Benitez, arrogant and I don`t think the man to turn it around, he will get pelters tonight and he would deserve it
Brands, completely shafted managers and left a badly thin squad that needs 100s of millions to bring it back up to scratch
Moshiri - Just look at his appointments in Koeman, Walsh, Silva, Brands, Allardyce, Ancelotti and Benitez. The guy just needs to sell up and do one, no wonder Arsenal wouldn`t let him and Usmanov buy their club!!!!!
No youth coming through
One of the best players of our generation sold on a free with subsidised wages
Kenwright
Begovic - OK as back up until the back up has to play, not good enough
Lonergan - What an absolute waste of time and money
Davies - So far out of his depth, needs releasing
Kenny - Same as Davies
Rondon - Another Leach
Holgate - Always had potential but think he has reached the height of where he is going, not good enough
Coleman - Finished 32/33 and cant stay fit
Delph - Arrogant Leach
Gomes - His ability has completely dropped off a cliff, well and truly Evertoned, another money sucking leach
Iwobi - I cannot express the hatred for this guy without a ban, Brands should have been booted down Goodison Road for even putting a bid in! Worst signing in the last 40 or 50 years of Everton FC
Tosun - Another expensive mistake, another big money leach
He who shall not be named - Just needs sacking, he needed to go before he was suspended
Given the above there is no way Richarlison or DCL are staying if any clubs come calling for them, the good players in this squad must be ashamed and embarassed to play with the rubbish we have.....
No spend in January

There is just no hope, we need Moshiri to sell up and move on, let the next owner try to rectify the absolute mess he has created. This season we will finish bottom half and win no cups. What a time to be an Evertonian!

Someone give me something positive other than Stadium.

the strange thing is I am less arsed about losing to QPR than I would have been in any of the last 20 years or so. Benitez appointment really did drain some of the enthusiasm and fandom out of me. I even remember being more arsed about the BFS era than this. I wish this wasn't the case but it just seems to be so.
End of last season under Carlo was pretty dire but I was still excited by the prospect of Carlo, James, Allan, Godfrey, etc this year. Now its all about rondon and begovic and the FSW - I just dont seem as enthused - is anyon e else suffering from this malaise?

A few close mates of mine are like this, apathy I think.

Not sure about Lundstram but agree entirely about Davies, nowhere near the standard required. His lack of pressing and urgency and ultimately quality tonight really annoyed me. He's not even championship level.
As for Kenny, my god, how is he a pro?
My point about Lundstram is that he was a highly rated English youngster who plays the same position, and we had no issue binning him off on loan for a few years before selling him when he was 21. Davies has been given 100 chances and just can’t cut it. Re: Kenny, who knows? Maybe he’d look better in a more slow paced league but he’s just not very good it seems.

Not to our key players though. DCL, Doucoure and Richarlison were available more often than not. We have got nothing even close to being able to replace them. I think we will be fine and may even be able to push on but I could also see this unraveling really quickly.
Against Brighton we were missing pickford, allan, doucoure, dcl, gomes and more. We started davies, Holgate and siggy in midfield.

Our bench was Virginia, tyer, nkounkou, John, welch, broadhead, price and iwobi.

Digne missed a large potion, James missed a load, doucoure missed 7 on the bounce.

Revisionism going on here. We had the 2nd worst injury list after liverpool.

Against Brighton we were missing pickford, allan, doucoure, dcl, gomes and more. We started davies, Holgate and siggy in midfield.

Our bench was Virginia, tyer, nkounkou, John, welch, broadhead, price and iwobi.

Digne missed a large potion, James missed a load, doucoure missed 7 on the bounce.

Revisionism going on here. We had the 2nd worst injury list after liverpool.
Who tf is Welch?

The manager rested players for a league game and we lost. Of course he deserves criticism. He's let down 3k fans who travelled down.
The players let the fans down, not the manager!!
Some people need to see sense and accept that some of these players have let us down again and again under numerous managers! I dont know what you expect him to do? The squad is so thin with current injuries. Thats down the Brands and previous managers for the shocking recruitment over the last 5 years!

Status
Not open for further replies.