Match Thread Queens Park Rangers v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love me some Doucs, too. Making a fool of the people calling him a donkey when he signed.
He is a bit of a weird player. Gets around everywhere and sometimes looks absolute class, the he will randomly do something really crap like tonight where he tried to nutmeg their player just outside our box.

Very important player for us this season.

God knows how many people are responsible for the Finch Farm side of this squad (squad haha) but they need to get their act together and get the peripheral players stronger. Why are unfit players having to make the numbers up...you may as well put Rodney and DelBoy's blow up dolls in the dugout. Some of the squad are like balsa wood the way theyre dispossessed or shrugged off the ball. Twenty minute successful cameos as subs like Gomes and Iwobi are no good when we need them to get to grips with the follow up 90 minute effort which never materialises. Of course you cant make silk purses out of sows ears....an' all that we just still play 'em cos theres no alternative.

We finished 31 points above the relegation zone this season. So yea. Weve have far too many years of explaining why we couldn't. We need a manager who will stop making excuses really.
We didn't have too many key injuries last season along with a top quality player on the books and our record signing was available (Ok he is crap but still, he was an option).

Gray and Townsend have been good additions but we are incredibly threadbare.

I find it very odd we were so quick to give up on someone like Lundstram who turned out to be a decent player but we just continue to keep Davies around. He’s not legitimately good at anything. Just an average athlete, average passer, average tackler, poor shooter, poor in the air…He’d not stand out in the Championship and would fit in well playing somewhere like MLS. Seems like a good guy but he just cant and shouldn’t be counted on going forward.

Not sure about Lundstram but agree entirely about Davies, nowhere near the standard required. His lack of pressing and urgency and ultimately quality tonight really annoyed me. He's not even championship level.
As for Kenny, my god, how is he a pro?

We didn't have too many key injuries last season along with a top quality player on the books and our record signing was available (Ok he is crap but still, he was an option).

Gray and Townsend have been good additions but we are incredibly threadbare.
Every single one of our first 11 were injured during last season. With several at the same time. We had periods of 6/7 players injured at the same time

Norwich will fancy the chances against this everton starting line up,we only had 40% possession against a championship side, which basically what Norwich still are.1-1 on the cards Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.