Homepage Update: PSV Confirm Everton Approach

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sun reports PSV recruitment chief Marcel Brands has snubbed Everton, who are reportedly looking to replace Steve Walsh at Goodison Park.

The newspaper states PSV have had no contact with Everton to discuss a transfer, while Brands himself has given them no indication he wants to leave.

Sounds like things are moving behind the scenes now, hopefully we have a new DOF and manager in as soon as the season ends ready to start rebuilding
As ever our timing is not the best.
The World Cup, if it takes place will massively impact our attempts to do early business whoever us doing the bidding.
I can see us floundering post world cup, trying to sign relatively unknowns on the back of a worldie goal seen on TV.

So he's said no twice before and we're going in for him again?. Mosh certainly taken a shine to the boy Brands.

Dutch football in its worst state for decades, so we bring in Dutch players, managers and directors of football.
Everton that.

Got to be better than Walsh though.

Not strictly true this...they have some top notch u21 age players and of course the usual suspects like Van Dijk et al.

Ajax
Frenkie De Jong
Donny Van Der Beek
Kasper Dolberg
Matthijs De Ligt
David Neres
Justin Kluivert

PSV
Hirving Lozano
Steven bergwijn
Gaston Pereiro

AZ Alkmaar have an Iranian right winger whose exciting Alireza Jahanbekhsh (I had to google lol )

So, I would like it if brands pinpointed the very best of these players to add to Kenny, Holgate, Davies, Baningime, Dowell, Vlasic, Lookman and DCL and just filled the squad positions with u21s.

If we had a squad of 25 and 12-14 of those are u21s I think this is a very good thing...they'd be hungry and the first teamers would be on their toes.

Then Brands has a larger pot of cash left to spend on some true marquee starters In 4/5 key positions.

So he's said no twice before and we're going in for him again?. Mosh certainly taken a shine to the boy Brands.

I had never heard of the bloke, but either way, there are "No, not now", and "No, not ever". Perhaps we were given encouragement to speak to him now instead?

Reactions: FTY

Status
Not open for further replies.