Professor Denise Barrett-Baxendale

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a dream start for her. We've all spent many an evening in our Everton pyjamas dreaming of telling Allardyce - great to see someone from the Everton family get to live the dream of every true Evertonian

Perhaps you can detail what publicly-acknowledged achievement you'd expect to see from a deputy CEO?

What she has been publicly-acknowledged for is her work for Everton in the Community - and that's the best in football.
I'm no expert but surely there are possibilities for a Deputy CEO to bring some value to the table. As far as I can see there have been no notable improivements at board level since 2013. Maybe EITC is her level to which she should stick?

Keith-Harris-and-Orville-574479.jpg

I have to admit I'm a bit surprised we haven't flown in a war criminal from Usmanov's elite SS. In fairness to Barrett-Baxendale, I've only ever heard good things about her. Being a professor AND holding such a position is no mean feat either. Kenwright described her as a 'powerhouse,' and for someone to have achieved so much by her age you'd very much assume so. She also has a double barrel name too like.

I'm no expert but surely there are possibilities for a Deputy CEO to bring some value to the table. As far as I can see there have been no notable improivements at board level since 2013. Maybe EITC is her level to which she should stick?
Maybe you should just give her a chance mate?

Bit harsh there, she has done a great job in EITC which has been recognised widely outside of the club. Surely when you excel at the responsibilities you are given you should have a chance at promotion. Anyone who thinks that being the Deputy CEO means that essentially anything you could add as CEO should already have been achieved has no idea how the politics of a boardroom play out. She may have had the best ideas in the world and presented these convincingly BUT if the CEO chooses to ignore them there is little you can do. Would everyone on here really want to be judge based on their bosses competence?

Those questioning this appointment and suggesting it lacks ambition would have more credibility if they could name at least 3 possible candidates who should have been considered but where overlooked.

I have to admit I'm a bit surprised we haven't flown in a war criminal from Usmanov's elite SS. In fairness to Barrett-Baxendale, I've only ever heard good things about her. Being a professor AND holding such a position is no mean feat either. Kenwright described her as a 'powerhouse,' and for someone to have achieved so much by her age you'd very much assume so. She also has a double barrel name too like.

Why would you give credit to what Kenwright has said? The useless romantic old fool.

It’s a safe unambitious and comfortable appointment as per usual with this club.

Happy to sit in mid table and not rock the boat.

Why would you give credit to what Kenwright has said? The useless romantic old fool.

It’s a safe unambitious and comfortable appointment as per usual with this club.

Happy to sit in mid table and not rock the boat.
I repeat previous requests for credible alternatives, people talk as if out of work CEO's with are just queuing up with CV's overflowing with Premier League experience (or even experience of running a top tier football club). Who are these candidates that would have represented an ambitious and daring appointment?

I repeat previous requests for credible alternatives, people talk as if out of work CEO's with are just queuing up with CV's overflowing with Premier League experience (or even experience of running a top tier football club). Who are these candidates that would have represented an ambitious and daring appointment?

I doubt the club have even bothered to look outside for external candidates because it,s safer to promote from within and control the CEO.

Bit harsh there, she has done a great job in EITC which has been recognised widely outside of the club. Surely when you excel at the responsibilities you are given you should have a chance at promotion. Anyone who thinks that being the Deputy CEO means that essentially anything you could add as CEO should already have been achieved has no idea how the politics of a boardroom play out. She may have had the best ideas in the world and presented these convincingly BUT if the CEO chooses to ignore them there is little you can do. Would everyone on here really want to be judge based on their bosses competence?

Those questioning this appointment and suggesting it lacks ambition would have more credibility if they could name at least 3 possible candidates who should have been considered but where overlooked.
Funnily enough I only heard yesterday that apparently her and Elstone never really saw eye-to-eye on loads of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.