Pre-Season 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I didn't get back to you but I had no Internet access. Hope you got sorted. If you're still struggling tomorrow it will be about 6pm
Thanks again.... we managed to get to the Blue Cafe and "Big Ray" pointed us in the right direction and got us on Coach C

Do you think there will be many going to Blackburn on Thursday night?

Thinking of taking my girlfriend to her first Everton game.

A tad disappointing how Everton seemingly want to discourage fans going to preseason games. Announced quietly/late.
I think the reason they do this is because there not competative games, support really isnt important on these fixtures. If loads of fans turn up they might feel they have to put out a strong 11 to win the game, which isn't what the pre season games is about. One of the reasons they stopped the Tranmere game, it started getting treated as a Derby by the them, rather then a chance to build fitness for us

From what people have seen so far what would you say our starting XI should be?

Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Holgate - Baines/?
Besic
Walcott - Siggy - Richarlison
Cenk - Niasse

Needs a bit more snide up front for me...

Subs:
Stek
Vlasic, if not then go
Gana
Bolasie
Davies, if not this season then go
Kenny
Jags
MS, if not go
Lookman

Go list:
Mirallas
Sandro
Keane
Klassen

I will say this as others might be keeping it to themselves.....

Premiership defenders will not be shaking in their boots at the prospect of facing Niasse and Cenk, or any other Everton options of a strike force.
Not many clubs in the Prem would be making us serious offers for this pair.

We also need the next Leighton Baines and if we sign Mina, we still need at least one more quality player at the back.

We currently still have not added any quality to last seasons shower.
The players linked will help, but the dead wood is stifling ambitions.

Do not expect great things this season lads.
Give Marco some time an hopefully we will get better things.

The pre-season games so far will at least have given an insight into the job he has on his hands.

we are flying to paris friday night train to vitre saturday morning,
train from vitre to nantes sunday morning and back to JLA on easyjet from nantes.

I'm still waiting on my eurostar contact to get back to me. If I don't hear back by tomorrow afternoon then I wont be able to go. Just typical as expected they announce it whilst in Portugal 7 days before the game.

If I'd had plenty of warning would've combined it with the trip to Portugal and had an extended break. I did see a flight from Faro to Nantes for £55 the other day but I'm back home now.

20180721_192310.jpg

Outside the ground in Portugal last week

From what people have seen so far what would you say our starting XI should be?

Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Holgate - Baines/?
Besic
Walcott - Siggy - Richarlison
Cenk - Niasse

Needs a bit more snide up front for me...

Subs:
Stek
Vlasic, if not then go
Gana
Bolasie
Davies, if not this season then go
Kenny
Jags
MS, if not go
Lookman

Go list:
Mirallas
Sandro
Keane
Klassen

Niasse should never in a million years start a game for us in the prem, he's terrible

he is what he is, a nuisance to come on towards the end to get a goal of his arse or whatever

Final pre-season 2018/19 results:

ATV Irdning 0-22 Everton
Bury 1-1 Everton
Everton 0-0 LOSC Lille (lost 5-3 on pens)
Porto 1-0 Everton
Blackburn 3-0 Everton
Stade Rennais 4-1 Everton
Everton 2-3 Valencia

Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.