postmatch postmortem

Status
Not open for further replies.

teppic

Player Valuation: £50m
ouch. we suffered today from an obvious lack of options from the bench. coupled with the fact too many players had off days.

this will be tough watching this season if there are more games like that.

hmmm... snakes on a plane.

This was the kind of match where I could see Moyes handing in his resignation because he's not getting the backing he needs.

This was the kind of match where I could see Moyes handing in his resignation because he's not getting the backing he needs.

I don't know TX, remember Moyes came out to say not many clubs are willing to sell players and the agents left him down.

Holly [Poor language removed]' bullshit if you ask me.

Posted this in the match thread but thought it could be used here.....

Watched the game today....

First of all, 2 center halfs in the middle of the park, inc our best defender of last year

A left back left wing

Yak on his own, he clearly isnt built to do the running into channels job

A bench of kids with NO first team experience between them (ex turner)

All of which i know we had no choice but we showed today how poor this 11 really is, our only hope of a goal was set peices IMO, yaks goal was a good move but that was it ALL day.

I am not happy today, our next game we MUST have new faces or some of the lads back from injury.

As a blue i will back the 11 on the pitch no matter what, they could have no legs but they would get my full support...BUT as a blue this isnt good enough.

L

[Poor language removed].
[Poor language removed] at the back, cant defend simple balls
Marking was poor, especially 1st half
Midfield had no bite.
Should have been 4 or 5 down in the 1st half (would have been had we played better opposition)
Rodwell/jags didn't look comfortable, lost the ball too much
Arteta played well, goal and assist
Yak played well in parts but lacked support
Baxter came on and did well but should have scored.

All in all, i'd say we have one week to go out get some players in and set ourselves up for the rest of the season or we will be bottom half struggling. Worrying times, hopefully it has woken up the useless fuckers at the club and alerted them that we can't go with what we have so they pull their fingers out and get some players in. Mark me down as very worried about our season.:(

lescott on their second goal was very poor.

damn it... we are in trouble enough without derby type defending.

I don't know, Bill. I usually agree with you on all things Everton but Moyes has had money and failed to deliver any new faces. He is, I think, part of the reason that we lost today.

Must admit that I only saw the second half. From what I saw, I was impressed by Baines and Osman. Arteta's goal was great and I think he seemed to be playing more like he should, rather than how he was last season. With a full strength squad and some signings we would've walked over Blackburn. A draw would've been a fair result, I felt.

Actually a lot more interesting a game than I thought it would be.

Must admit that I only saw the second half. From what I saw, I was impressed by Baines and Osman. Arteta's goal was great and I think he seemed to be playing more like he should, rather than how he was last season. With a full strength squad and some signings we would've walked over Blackburn. A draw would've been a fair result, I felt.

Actually a lot more interesting a game than I thought it would be.

the second half was a big improvement. we were really poor first half.

the main problem with 10 players is that there are no options on the bench when it goes pete tong.

god we miss cahill.

I did say earlier this week that this game will not make or break our season.

It still wont but you cant look back on it as an unlucky loss, we didn't deserve to win because we weren't good enough.

But maybe, just maybe we had an off day. If we pick up 3 points against WBA, Stoke, Portsmouth and Hull we go into the Derby looking good.

But if we play as [Poor language removed] as we did today and dont come away with a minimum of 3 wins from those games then i think the writing is truly on the wall and we need to open our eyes to see it.

The club have let the fans and the players down. Something that could of been so good turned out to be a massive let down.

I don't know, Bill. I usually agree with you on all things Everton but Moyes has had money and failed to deliver any new faces. He is, I think, part of the reason that we lost today.

agree with that.

i think the manager up have done a very very poor job this summer.
other clubs have signed players , other clubs transfers go through without a hitch. so i dont buy moyes and kenwrights bullshit .
there is something rotten to the core at this club when it comes to transfers this summer.
nothing and no-one is to blame apart from moyes and kenwright's dithering.

no excuses , kenwright and moyes should hang there heads in shame for the last 3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.