POLL: Do you support Everton players diving?

Do you support Everton players diving?

• Yes

• No

• Cheese on Toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should return to the glory days of the 70s when you virtually had to kill someone to win a free kick. At least you'd quickly work out who were divers (those who could walk after the final whistle)!

I suppose there is too much money at stake these days for diving not to be present
Hear hear. If I were a ref I'd hardly ever give a pen. The defender would have to be clearly tripping up the forward or manhandling him/her/the ball to sway me. Any doubt at all - forget it and don't come moaning about it or I'll book ye.
Nothing depresses me more than listening to pundits debating whether there was "contact" and showing endless replays. It's a man's/woman's game so get on with it.
I'm going back to sleep now.

I would rather lose than win by cheating. A win by cheating is hollow and meaningless. Diving is cheating. If you condone cheating you're showing your true colours. And they're red.

i hate diving! Any player proven to have dived should get a ten match ban! The club should get a massive fine, and any ex-pro saying he was 'just being clever' or ' anticipating the foul' should be sacked.

I think if you're being completely honest with yourself, that's a lot of tosh isn't it mate?
No I don't type tosh*. Losing isn't the end of the world . In any sport I've played I've played to win, ferrociously. I hate losing . But I've also lost because inferior players or teams have cheated, and that was an even worse feeling that left me murderous in rage . I would never want to inflict that on an opposition** . Also I've been in a team that's cheated and it just ruined the game for me.

*Often
**Apart from the rs, since we're owed a few.

No I don't type tosh*. Losing isn't the end of the world . In any sport I've played I've played to win, ferrociously. I hate losing . But I've also lost because inferior players or teams have cheated, and that was an even worse feeling that left me murderous in rage . I would never want to inflict that on an opposition** . Also I've been in a team that's cheated and it just ruined the game for me.

*Often
**Apart from the rs, since we're owed a few.

But this is a whole different level to Sunday league. If someone offered you a hypothetical scenario where we win the FA Cup but the winning goal came from a penalty as a result of a dive, would you actually say "nah I'd rather lose in the spirit of the game"?

But this is a whole different level to Sunday league. If someone offered you a hypothetical scenario where we win the FA Cup but the winning goal came from a penalty as a result of a dive, would you actually say "nah I'd rather lose in the spirit of the game"?
Yes! A thousand times yes!
No point holding a pot that somebody else deserves better and the whole world knows you only got it by cheating.

Every game every player cheats
Claims for corners , throw ins even offsides that knowingly aren't.
Still trying to hoodwink the ref .
It'll be open season soon

I suspect you may be on the wind up here m8 so I'll back out of this slowly x
Nope. Not winding anybody up. Call me old fashioned , but a sport is a sport, a pastime, and it should be approached with honour. It's not life or death.

I hate to lose, but more I'd hate to lose my dignity.

Nope. Not winding anybody up. Call me old fashioned , but a sport is a sport, a pastime, and it should be approached with honour. It's not life or death.

I hate to lose, but more I'd hate to lose my dignity.

No one would give a toss, we're currently getting laughed at for going 22 years without winning anything and an entire generation of fans have yet to experience success. The record books wouldn't read -

FA Cup winners:

Chelsea 2012
Wigan 2013
Arsenal 2014
Arsenal 2015
Man Utd 2016
Arsenal 2017
Everton 2018*

*But they won it by cheating like

Status
Not open for further replies.