POLL: Do you support Everton players diving?

Do you support Everton players diving?

• Yes

• No

• Cheese on Toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually wouldn't support diving but when the big teams, and their star players are doing it all the time and getting away with it, then it's hipocrisy on the part of the media and the FA to make an example of an Everton player. It was the same when Wenger basically called Andy Johnson a diver all those years ago. Why doesn't that tit come out and speak about Sanchez and his antics every week.

It would NEVER have happened if it was an Arsenal or Chelsea or United player involved. NEVER in a MILLION years.
Wenger accused Sterling of diving recently and Shearer said he should apologise ....agree about Sanchez as well ...great player but a cheat

That depends on whether decisions will ever be given to players that don’t go to ground. That is the only way to properly cut out diving.

True.

There have been a few occasions where a player has got himself into the goal area, taking a few kicks on the way, stayed on his feet but not scored. Then the commentator will say something like "he goes down there and it's a penalty. Credit to him for staying on his feet". But where is the incentive to stay on your feet when you are getting kicked and dragged all over the place and the ref is doing nothing about it?

Willan tonight on Chelsea's penalty "A LITTLE bit of contact. For me it was a penalty- I don't think for you guys (media) it was, but for me it was a penalty" Just koff ya Chelsea blert

Wenger accused Sterling of diving recently and Shearer said he should apologise ....agree about Sanchez as well ...great player but a cheat

It's just double standards. I saw Ian Wright saying on Skysports saying that it was a blatant dive and that it could cost Palace £100 million if they were relegated based on that. He should be more responsible and choose his words more carefully. I mean, the guy is obviously biased with his Palace background and all. It's just strange to me that they are making such a drama out of this when there are far worse cases of diving every week. Many of those same pundits were saying, not too long ago, that if contact is made then a player has the right to go down. And that if a player does not go down in the box when he is touched, then his team-mates and manager have a right to be angry with them! The whole situation is a joke!

OK, my first question is... Presumably the referee also faces punishment for this 'incorrect' decision? He was right on the spot, had a great view of the incident and decided it was a foul and penalty. 3 blokes watching a video decide the referee got it badly wrong... How the player takes the full blame for the referee being adjudged to have made a terrible decision is beyond me.

I look forward to the players from the more fashionable clubs being punished every week...

I tell you what they want to stamp out...

1) Defenders being able to blatantly block attackers from getting the ball while 'seeing it out of play', without making any attempt to go near the ball themselves. Anywhere else on the pitch and a foul would be given.

2) Instant penalty if someone defending a corner is facing away from the ball towards the man he's marking.

3) That annoying thing players do (think Vardy) when they see a sliding tackle coming alongside them and they move their leg into the path of it. Again, moving away from the position of the ball to win a free kick.

They all annoy the shizzle out of me.

Yes, I'm partial to a bit of cheating in sport.

That keeper scuffing the penalty spot whilst talking to the ref is my personal fave.

It was an absolute dive but I’m not arsed. I hate this holier than thou thing Everton try to do.

Spot on with the 'holier than thou' call. We're a football club not a religious sect.

Not quite a dive for me though. It was soft, but there was contact. His real crime was not making it look convincing enough, because there will be plenty of soft penalties that don't get referred to the 'diving board' this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.