POLL: Do you support Everton players diving?

Do you support Everton players diving?

• Yes

• No

• Cheese on Toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes for sure, all day long, without that dive we lose that game, it was a big six point game and we needed to get some kind of run going without getting beat, which now stands at 2 games haha
The dive from the Prince of Everton is the latest in the long list of Kevin Brock backpass moments

That depends on whether decisions will ever be given to players that don’t go to ground. That is the only way to properly cut out diving.

I support Everton players diving, even more so if they play in goal. But I didn't view what Niasse did as a dive; more making the most of the situation. I would class a dive as a player throwing themselves to the ground when there was absolutely no contact at all.

Should return to the glory days of the 70s when you virtually had to kill someone to win a free kick. At least you'd quickly work out who were divers (those who could walk after the final whistle)!

I suppose there is too much money at stake these days for diving not to be present

Niasse did not dive. Everton have a long way to go to equal the diving other teams do.

This is diving.... watch and learn from the master.

Like...

suarezdive2.gif

or this...

suarezdive4.gif

Finally, any loyal kopite pundit would probably see this as a blatant, outrageous foul on the poor little bugger...
suarezdive6.gif

No, but I also don't want to see any players conning referees or getting favourable treatment because they are pally with certain referees ala slippy.

However will our honesty and integrity enable us to win things? Thus far I have seen little evidence to suggest the league is that fair...

I am against diving - Huddersfield's Van La Parra got booked for an outrageous dive in our 0-0 home draw. Luckily, the ref spotted it and Van La Parra was yellow-carded, but a couple of week's later Bernardo Silva arguably "dived" when it was 0-0 at the Etihad, but obviously big club Man City got the penalty. There was not much difference between the two incidents.

Cheese on toast for me.

I mean.....in an ideal world we would all love there to be no diving.

Just as we would all love tomorrow to be 23 degrees and sunny all day.

But if the likes of Dele Alli, Ashley Young, Sanchez, wee Reem, Silva, that fellow at Watford and a host of others are going to continue to practice the dark arts then no, I do not want our players to take the non existent moral high ground.

But @ToffeeTim never gave us that option so cheese on toast it is :pint2:

This Poll is a farce :rant:

Usually wouldn't support diving but when the big teams, and their star players are doing it all the time and getting away with it, then it's hipocrisy on the part of the media and the FA to make an example of an Everton player. It was the same when Wenger basically called Andy Johnson a diver all those years ago. Why doesn't that tit come out and speak about Sanchez and his antics every week.

It would NEVER have happened if it was an Arsenal or Chelsea or United player involved. NEVER in a MILLION years.

Cheese on toast for me.

I mean.....in an ideal world we would all love there to be no diving.

Just as we would all love tomorrow to be 23 degrees and sunny all day.

But if the likes of Dele Alli, Ashley Young, Sanchez, wee Reem, Silva, that fellow at Watford and a host of others are going to continue to practice the dark arts then no, I do not want our players to take the non existent moral high ground.

But @ToffeeTim never gave us that option so cheese on toast it is :pint2:

This Poll is a farce :rant:

I don't see any ideal world tbh. You gotta do what you gotta do to get the competitive edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.