Please read: Copyright Infringement

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is what it is.

We/fans can't display the Everton crest.
We/fans can't list the fixture list.
etc.

I could go on and on. We comply, as we should.

Compliance with blacklisting a publication, particularly one of the standard here, really is a non issue. ;)
What about having a mis-spelt name for the Morrir? (The Missoir, perhaps?), in case we need to refer to it.

I still have not forgiven them for the Alan Ball "Why I am joining Arsenal" front page.

Clearly they want to fill the 20% of their Liverpool Echo football pages granted to Everton with their stories instead of losing a few more thousand potential buyers of that rag.

Not sure that such caricatures being directed at me here are warranted. However, in light of the topic and in the interests of free speech we will let it slide on this occasion.
My legal team inform me that I am adequately protected on the grounds of justification...;)

Seriously, Damon, on anything that I have had any professional knowledge of, those comments are justified and you are generally on Ignore for the reason that it keeps both you and me happy. In this case it appeared that you were commenting on my posts which is why I took a look. If you want to continue this discussion via PM, feel free. Otherwise I think we have both made our points.

It is what it is.

We/fans can't display the Everton crest.
We/fans can't list the fixture list.
etc.

I could go on and on. We comply, as we should.

Compliance with blacklisting a publication, particularly one of the standard here, really is a non issue. ;)
Can't reproduce the fixture list? Really? How can that be copyrighted? It's a factual list of future events. That's mad.

Wait, what? Is this copyrighted by the PL?

You'd be amazed at the tightrope we walk.

As do all fan sites.

Risk vs reward.

By very nature of a fan site, the risk is largely inevitable risk - the consequences/personal risk (liability) can be mitigated.

Anyway, GOT has now joined a very long line in operating as normal, but with one named publication removed on request.

No, that only links to credible sources.

I've asked them to send us instances of where Mirror articles are so we can remove them, couldn't recall any and I've ran a quick search.
VQLGJOL.gif

My legal team inform me that I am adequately protected on the grounds of justification...;)

Seriously, Damon, on anything that I have had any professional knowledge of, those comments are justified and you are generally on Ignore for the reason that it keeps both you and me happy. In this case it appeared that you were commenting on my posts which is why I took a look. If you want to continue this discussion via PM, feel free. Otherwise I think we have both made our points.

Mate you've done nothing but hysterically referenced my name three times in this thread within three pages, because I had the temerity to quote the law. I think you're more bothered by my posts than I am of yours.

Fact is DD has done the right thing. Best not blow it out of all proportion and expect legal writs to be issued as you've insinuated. Not going to happen. No grounds for it either. If there was it would be laughed out of court. Ok mate?

You'd be amazed at the tightrope we walk.

As do all fan sites.

Risk vs reward.

By very nature of a fan site, the risk is largely inevitable risk - the consequences/personal risk (liability) can be mitigated.

Anyway, GOT has now joined a very long line in operating as normal, but with one named publication removed on request.

I don't think that having operated this site for 10 years or so that the old dog hasn't learnt a fews tricks or two.

Just saying mate.

Don't understand why they wouldn't be ok if the story was accredited to The Mirror and a link was provided with the pasted text.

If someone is passing The Mirror's articles off as their own, then fair enough.

But if it is quite clearly accredited to the Mirror then I don't understand the problem.

I guess that's why I'm not a lawyer, eh?

Don't understand why they wouldn't be ok if the story was accredited to The Mirror and a link was provided with the pasted text.

If someone is passing The Mirror's articles off as their own, then fair enough.

But if it is quite clearly accredited to the Mirror then I don't understand the problem.

I guess that's why I'm not a lawyer, eh?

FAO @GrandOldTeam

Their aggression might be related to sharp declines in their reported online traffic.

AS REPORTED BY THE GUARDIAN
Thursday 17 March 2016 13.12 GMT

http://www.theguardian.com/media/20...express-and-star-suffer-sharp-fall-in-traffic
THE GUARDIAN said:
Independent, Mirror, Express and Star suffer sharp fall in traffic
Decline across all UK press, except Sun and Guardian, follows coverage of David Bowie and Alan Rickman deaths earlier in year which boosted visitors

So someone has got it in the neck recently.

Fact is. If they wrote more interesting things and more reliable sports news - they would get more readers.

Its been criticised that fact for years on here about them making up stuff about Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.