Players we were convinced would be Great Signings In Past Transfer Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
materazzi and dacourt had fine careers, both good players, dacourt in particular was very good in his one season with us, finances I would have thought dictated their departure
I was chocker when dacourt didnt workour for us, he was exactly what we needed at the time!

I had high hopes of Alan Ainscow. Him and Alan Biley were going to propel us onwards and upwards, and in fairness, their debut at home for us I thought we were onto a winner.

That Everton team had dacourt, mazzarati, bilic, barmby, bakayoko. All expensive signings. Bloody terrible to watch.
This season was a like a repeat, without the thrill of a relegation battle

Had high hopes for Niclas alexandersson when we signed him. Genuine toss up with Simon Davies as to who was the worse waste of money. Had high hopes for Bakayoko as I was a champ man loving kid at the time and thought he was going to be the second coming.

The signings of MoJo and Spencer were the two players that most excited me . Then the whistle blew .
A lot of my mates say the same about our pacey pole . I disagree , will always love that man .

Geoff Nulty was solid enough until a certain "tackle" came along in a derby match as I recall. Maybe my memory is failing.

Just a bog standard 'nuts and bolts' midfielder. He quickly became the main Goodison whipping boy.

I remember the Jimmy Case tackle, I don't think he was even booked!!!!!!

Bit before my time but wasn't there a centre half called McNaught? Somebody else had his better days though? Also is Colin Todd the one mentioned in the Damned United?
I liked Ken McNaught,left Everton for Villa and was part of their European cup squad

Status
Not open for further replies.