Players we were convinced would be Great Signings In Past Transfer Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had high hopes for Niclas alexandersson when we signed him. Genuine toss up with Simon Davies as to who was the worse waste of money. Had high hopes for Bakayoko as I was a champ man loving kid at the time and thought he was going to be the second coming.
Alexandersson was easily the worst of the two. Davies wasn’t very good for us, but he did well elsewhere (was it Fulham?) and had a lot of heart. The same can’t be said for Alexandersson. Jesus though, we had some woeful midfielders in the early 2000’s - Tobias Linderoth, Scott Gemill, Pembo, Jesper Blomquist, etc, etc. *shudders*

Alexandersson was easily the worst of the two. Davies wasn’t very good for us, but he did well elsewhere (was it Fulham?) and had a lot of heart. The same can’t be said for Alexandersson. Jesus though, we had some woeful midfielders in the early 2000’s - Tobias Linderoth, Scott Gemill, Pembo, Jesper Blomquist, etc, etc. *shudders*

Forgot about him!

Alexandersson is my pick tho, I can’t remember him ever beating a defender.

James Beattie. Lad was a goal machine at Southampton and I remember being so excited when we signed him, our very own England striker.

Then he turned up with man boobs, completely blanked me and my brother after we'd waited hours for him in the cold and moronically got himself sent off by assaulting William Gallas. Massively disappointed in him as a player and person.

Not that I ever thought he would be "great", but given that Moyes labelled him as "Everton's secret weapon" I was underwhelmed by Magaye Gueye, to put it mildly

David Smallman
Martin Murray
Dave Clements
Alan Biley
Mick Ferguson
John Collins
Pat Nevin
Ibrahima Bakayoko
Alex Nyarko
Glen Keeley
David Johnson
Micky Walsh