Players we were convinced would be Great Signings In Past Transfer Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
This place went mental when the Mirallas story broke. The start of that thread is amazing.

We were clearly starved of excitement.

Junior Hoillet & Sam Byran both kicked on after our reported interest. Always found Barmby underwhelming for a record signing and perhaps a British transfer fee for moving money to an Hamper owner via Steve Simonsen was a tad hasty.

Our forays into Chinese talent with WeiFeng didn't produce an army of new supporters, nor our bizarre bargain basement signings of Cody Arnoux and Anto Peterlin from the American college system. All about opinions of course, but I hated Allardyce from day one and he didn't fail to deliver what we knew would happen

One for us oldies- Martyn Murray. The new George Best. Signed from Home Farm iirc.
Sad story that one had bad homesickness, just went back to his digs and had nobody around him.
Went back to home and started to get back on track, Brian clough tried to get him to forest but we held his registration and wouldn't let him go.
Always had a feeling we never got the full story of what went on there.

May sound odd to some but for me the biggest disappointment in my years as a Blue is Wayne Rooney.

Left us at such a young age and returned when the best years are behind him. Yes, Manchester United are a huge huge club, a legacy of success under Sir Alex....to see him go like that though was the one time I really felt it in the pit of my stomach.

Looking at him now, he’s still offered us a few good moments but it’s no where near what it should of been or rather I had hoped it had been. In a way it has shown how United had progressed and we have fallen short since our last league title and the Premier League era as a whole.

May sound odd to some but for me the biggest disappointment in my years as a Blue is Wayne Rooney.

Left us at such a young age and returned when the best years are behind him. Yes, Manchester United are a huge huge club, a legacy of success under Sir Alex....to see him go like that though was the one time I really felt it in the pit of my stomach.

Looking at him now, he’s still offered us a few good moments but it’s no where near what it should of been or rather I had hoped it had been. In a way it has shown how United had progressed and we have fallen short since our last league title and the Premier League era as a whole.
It's all about timing

..if they had computers back in the day, then Henry Newton and Joe Harper were supposed to be the next big thing but turned out to be anything but.

Saido Berahino caused a bit of a debate on here more recently but it’s not worked out for him.

And the Blackpool Mickey Walsh.....brother of your mate Steve, Eggs.

Bought on the strength of scoring Goal Of The Season on MOTD.

A striker who never scored a goal for us ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.