Players salaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PFA meeting the heads of the PL clubs today to discuss as we all know. My take on this the PFA is effectively a trade union & their sole objective is to protect their members & nothing else.

Ideally you would like them to see the long game now and buy into the arguement that a wage cut will help the game longer term but there is no chance of this happening IMHO.

The PFA will right now be arguing players have contracts & if you dont play the full amount, they can walk off on a free all motivated by sheer greed and led by agents

Question is: where would they walk too? Spain and Italy are in a total mess. Germany is a mess although relatively less so. China won't be attractive for a while. Hopefully the bluff will be called on these mercenaries.

Question is: where would they walk too? Spain and Italy are in a total mess. Germany is a mess although relatively less so. China won't be attractive for a while. Hopefully the bluff will be called on these mercenaries.

the beauty of it from a player/agent POV is they could have their cake and eat it. Stay still get paid, get a better offer on a free they can go and say to current club, sorry you were in breach of contract - im off & i'll collect a massive signing on fee at new club

Niasse should have been Furloughed as soon as we bought him as with Tosun as the have ploughed a furlow down the centre of the pitch every time they play....... :D

....I imagine the clubs are legally bound to pay their players subject to the contracts they’ve signed. I doubt any have clauses that capture this type of situation.

This might be reliant on players agreeing to a pay freeze, but the contracts are fixed term so they may ask for an extension covering the period of the freeze.

....I imagine the clubs are legally bound to pay their players subject to the contracts they’ve signed. I doubt any have clauses that capture this type of situation.

This might be reliant on players agreeing to a pay freeze, but the contracts are fixed term so they may ask for an extension covering the period of the freeze.

But surely the other staff who have had to take pay cuts like at Spurs are also on contracts too? Players should be forced to take cuts by any legal means necessary. There is no moral case for them no to.

Eg Gylfi on £100,000 per WEEK
My daughter a nurse on £25,000 per YEAR

That shows just what's wrong with society. First of all, your daughter should be on a lot more than that. A society can survive without millionaire footballers. It would collapse in days without doctors and nurses.
Also, it shouldn't just be footballers targeted but the wealthy parasites running society: politicians, bankers, business people etc.

Yep it will up to the players to take a pay. Club can't do much
Juve players have stopped their wag e for 4 months
Barcelona 70%=pay cut
So up to the players now

It's not even a WEEKS salary. Take Gylfi fn Sigurdsson who has "earned" his salary in MAYBE 20 matches in his entire tenure. He's earning about 150k/week. Knock that down to 50k which is still obscene and the other 100k to the workers, that's over 40 workers paid for. Schneiderlein is over 100k also. That's just two players who probably cover 60+ workers by not taking their FULL obscene pay.

*ack I read that wrong as being it would cover 10 key workers salaries for a week, not a year. Point stands. Alexis Sanchez is on 400k ffs.

But not every player earns 400k a week.

Some players earn 10-20k a week, now dont get me wrong, its still a LOT of money, but the further down the leagues the less money there is.

But surely the other staff who have had to take pay cuts like at Spurs are also on contracts too? Players should be forced to take cuts by any legal means necessary. There is no moral case for them no to.

...I expect staff are PAYE and can be laid-off if the company have cash flow issues.

The end of the bang average player on £65k a week is coming.

The proper super stars will still get top dollar, but the arse is going to fall out of the game as we know it.

This will be a good thing. Third-rate nonentities making more in a few days than a nurse earns in a year is a disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.