Players Out on Loan 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was shocked when Tyrer’s loan was so far down the leagues, but that’s the reality for young keepers, nobody trusts them in higher divisions unless they’ve got some credibility like appearances at England age level. Virginia at Reading was a good example, a couple of poor mistakes and he never recovered. He must be an attractive loan proposition at League1 level as presumably we will pick up part of his wages.

Maybe. not sure he's better than Virginia myself and don't think Leban is that far behind him but its been a while since ive watched him. Loans for keepers are difficult to come by and think that showed with him having to settle for Chester this season. That's 3 keepers you ideally want out on loan competing with each other as well as Crellin who he's miles ahead of but the club probably want to look after given we signed him which is more how I meant we haven't helped ourselves.

I'm happy for him to go back out on loan but don't see a conference loan doing anything for him as hes already shown hes above that. Best case scenario is he jumps that league to League 2 and then jumps from L2 to Championship. Tranmere could be an ideal landing spot.

Being on loan is fine but Pickford aged 22 was on loan in the championship which isn't quite the same as another non league loan.

virginia is 23 and not our player in a month.
no one said another loan in the conference

I was shocked when Tyrer’s loan was so far down the leagues, but that’s the reality for young keepers, nobody trusts them in higher divisions unless they’ve got some credibility like appearances at England age level. Virginia at Reading was a good example, a couple of poor mistakes and he never recovered. He must be an attractive loan proposition at League1 level as presumably we will pick up part of his wages.

Non-league is a perfect first loan for a young keeper. People down their play to feed their families. He’ll get lumped every game. Sounds like their fans loved him and I’ve thought he’s always looked solid at Everton. I’d aim for League 1 next season, then year after Championship or maybe even just back with us. He’s miles better than Leban and Virginia.

I saw Tyrer a few times this season and he was very very good at that level. It's very difficult to know where that actually puts him though, because obviously some of the sides he's up against are barely semi-pro. It'll be interesting to see how he gets on higher up the pyramid, but it's worth remembering that even League 2 would be a massive step up from where he is.

Telling you all he will be our keeper one day.

Non-league is a perfect first loan for a young keeper. People down their play to feed their families. He’ll get lumped every game. Sounds like their fans loved him and I’ve thought he’s always looked solid at Everton. I’d aim for League 1 next season, then year after Championship or maybe even just back with us. He’s miles better than Leban and Virginia.

Youve mentioned him a few times. Hopefully hes been watched by clubs higher up the food chain and can get a loan quickly arranged for next season.

He should really prove himself at league 1 level before he can be considered as a squad option you'd think?

Youve mentioned him a few times. Hopefully hes been watched by clubs higher up the food chain and can get a loan quickly arranged for next season.

He should really prove himself at league 1 level before he can be considered as a squad option you'd think?

Well I wouldn’t bring him back anyway because being parked on the bench is just a waste of time for young keepers. I think in 2-3 years he could be close.

Yesterday, wins for Lille and St Etienne.

André Gomes started for Lille at home to Marseille and went off after 68 minutes with the score 1-1. Lille went ahead shortly after and won 2-1. They remain 5th

Niels Nkounkou played the whole game St Rouen as St Etienne won 4-2. Unusually, no contributions to any of the goals by Nkounkou. Les Verts are 9th in League 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.