Players Out on Loan 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big decision coming up on him for next season - how useful is a loan next season - not very given it will bring him up to a year to run on his contract, should we sell - we may need to, bring him back - how much or how little he will be involved - hard to know.

With a contract until 2025, i think what we decide to do with him next year will be telling.

There will be a squad spot going, in Mina, maybe Coady or Holgate also.

All could be influenced by what league we are in of course.

hes done all his loans for me, its play him and actually develop him ourselves or sell.

Realistically a starting spot. If he can't beat out Keane, Holgate and Godfrey to partner Tarkowski then we should release him now.

If we were signing him from PSV then it would be for £30-40mil and he'd walk into our team.

Should be next to Tarkowski and in the England squad in 12months.

Tarkowski will get a move easy and Keane nearly went under Lampard. Tarkowski has already named on a list with Pickford, Onana, Dom, and Branthwaite as players who will be sold if we go down. Highest wage down there is something like £40k per week, even Mykolenko is on more than that. We will need to sell a lot of players otherwise we are going to be in even more of a mess.
Was speaking with a colleague who's a Leeds fan the other day and he was saying a lot of their players have clauses in the contract that says if they go down, their wage gets cut. Would it be too sensible to suggest our DoF or whomever may have offered contracts to our players would have considered including such a clause?

Was speaking with a colleague who's a Leeds fan the other day and he was saying a lot of their players have clauses in the contract that says if they go down, their wage gets cut. Would it be too sensible to suggest our DoF or whomever may have offered contracts to our players would have considered including such a clause?
According to some reports only a handful of ours are in this position.

No question for me that we bring Branthwaite home and he competes for a starting spot next season regardless of what league we are in. We should be building around young players like this. Just because he is a sellable asset, doesn't mean we should offload him. With Mina and Coady likely gone, he stands a good chance of earning a starting position. We may also clear out Keane or Holgate, time will tell. No sense in selling a promising young CB on reasonable wages just to hope we can recruit a cheaper CB that will hopefully be as good as Branthwaite some day if we are lucky. Make concessions elsewhere as needed, but keep Branthwaite.

No question for me that we bring Branthwaite home and he competes for a starting spot next season regardless of what league we are in. We should be building around young players like this. Just because he is a sellable asset, doesn't mean we should offload him. With Mina and Coady likely gone, he stands a good chance of earning a starting position. We may also clear out Keane or Holgate, time will tell. No sense in selling a promising young CB on reasonable wages just to hope we can recruit a cheaper CB that will hopefully be as good as Branthwaite some day if we are lucky. Make concessions elsewhere as needed, but keep Branthwaite.
Also he's got to be better than Holgate and Godfrey one or both of whom need selling

I’d imagine it’s because they’ve not that long come up to the Premier League. Would seem prudent to do this. Less so for a team that has, until recently, been pretty steady. You’d hope that it is something that they think about in more current negotiations!

hopefully hes at least league 2 on loan next season, maybe a 6 monther and re-assess in January.
Don't think he's ever going to be our first choice like but he's 22 next season. He can't spend another second at non league or youth level.

Trouble for the club is they have 3 other keepers in the exact same position. A problem all their own creation.

Don't think he's ever going to be our first choice like but he's 22 next season. He can't spend another second at non league or youth level.

Trouble for the club is they have 3 other keepers in the exact same position. A problem all their own creation.

He's the best of the keepers around that age though.
21 is no age for a keeper, 2 years left on his contract so another loan for a year at a higher level and see where he's at then.
Average age of PL keepers must be around 30.

He's the best of the keepers around that age though.
21 is no age for a keeper, 2 years left on his contract so another loan for a year at a higher level and see where he's at then.
Average age of PL keepers must be around 30.
Maybe. not sure he's better than Virginia myself and don't think Leban is that far behind him but its been a while since ive watched him. Loans for keepers are difficult to come by and think that showed with him having to settle for Chester this season. That's 3 keepers you ideally want out on loan competing with each other as well as Crellin who he's miles ahead of but the club probably want to look after given we signed him which is more how I meant we haven't helped ourselves.

I'm happy for him to go back out on loan but don't see a conference loan doing anything for him as hes already shown hes above that. Best case scenario is he jumps that league to League 2 and then jumps from L2 to Championship. Tranmere could be an ideal landing spot.
And to add to that, Pickford was still on his loans up to I think 22?
Being on loan is fine but Pickford aged 22 was on loan in the championship which isn't quite the same as another non league loan.

Maybe. not sure he's better than Virginia myself and don't think Leban is that far behind him but its been a while since ive watched him. Loans for keepers are difficult to come by and think that showed with him having to settle for Chester this season. That's 3 keepers you ideally want out on loan competing with each other as well as Crellin who he's miles ahead of but the club probably want to look after given we signed him which is more how I meant we haven't helped ourselves.

I'm happy for him to go back out on loan but don't see a conference loan doing anything for him as hes already shown hes above that. Best case scenario is he jumps that league to League 2 and then jumps from L2 to Championship. Tranmere could be an ideal landing spot.

Being on loan is fine but Pickford aged 22 was on loan in the championship which isn't quite the same as another non league loan.

What if he gets a Championship loan next season when he’s still 21? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.