Pinpoint the moment..

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it was the last part of Moyes's last season as our manager, we all knew he had met Fergie and was crowned heir apparent at Old Trafford, he should have gone right there and then, but we kept him on until the end of the season giving him ample time poach Fellini and try to prise Coleman away. It demonstrated to the world of football that we are third rate. The Rooney sale/debarkle first time around showed just how bad those who ran this club really were, but to just keep Moyes and limp on until the end of the season was just plain embarrassing. Did we really look for a proper replacement? Honestly, I don't think we did then and I don't believe we have ever since. The odious toad has simple sat on his lillypad waiting for a manager to appear as if they do by osmosis.

Last edited:

Lots of long term issues but short term is has to be Ancelotti running

He was far from perfect but no way would he have us in this situation

We were in 4th place around Christmas last year, so I’d say the moment happened pretty recently.

I’ll say removing all creativity this summer by selling James and Siggy getting in trouble was the moment.

Fat man and Digne being the nails in the coffin.

Signing Per Kroldrup, Simon Davis and Andy Van der Meyde the summer after finishing 4th, was very Everton. What could have been if we got through to the group stages.

There are many moments that I can think of off the top of my head;

Letting Walsh loose with as much money as he wanted basically.

Appointment of Koeman, something was wrong when he went back on holiday a few weeks later rather than getting stuck in to training.

How many number 10s

Appointing Silva, he had only ever won 8 premier league games, I mean wtf.

Further signings of Sandro et al

Not replacing the likes of lukaku and gueye.

Something was even not right under Ancelotti, record amount of home defeats.

Appointment of Benitez was just baffling when you think about it, I mean was there really nobody else?

I’m sure there are many more I have forgotten.

Relegation is a cumulative process and I understand everyone who is pointing to moments on the pitch or the myriad transfer abominations as the tread asks.

Mine is a moment of omission, a failure to create a culture within the club that was prepared to put in the hard miles with the scouting and medical teams that goes back for almost as long as I can remember. I think I'll go with Moshiri's takeover, the shortcut mindset went into hyperdrive with him.

The absolute state of our club.

The moment for me was May 29 1985 when the Mordor crew pushed the wall over. We have never recovered from the European ban. The rot started there.
We were probably the best team in Europe, with the best keeper in the world (Beckenbauer said this) we had made friends everywhere, then those idiots did what they did. Destroyed us. Am I still bitter? Flipping sure. Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.