Pinpoint the moment..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been of the opinion that we’ll never win anything again for years but for me the moment where I was like “the clubs sunk here, they’ll be down in the next few years” was the end of Ancelotti’s reign where we were awful and the players had downed tools for a top manager

For me it was the summer we signed the three number 10s. That made me think there was no proper strategic plan, but that we were being run by a sort of committee where different interest groups got what they wanted and no one would be accountable if it went wrong. The fact that the extra money around made us so lazy with recruitment, too, not looking closely enough at players’ character if the going got tough just made matters worse.
Then appointing Benitez. Made an already bad situation much worse.

For me it was the summer we signed the three number 10s. That made me think there was no proper strategic plan, but that we were being run by a sort of committee where different interest groups got what they wanted and no one would be accountable if it went wrong. The fact that the extra money around made us so lazy with recruitment, too, not looking closely enough at players’ character if the going got tough just made matters worse.
Then appointing Benitez. Made an already bad situation much worse.
Kinda would have been OK with klaasen and Rooney (despite klaasen failing) I thought it was bizarre to then throw 45m at he who must not be named....and it was 4 10s with vlasic ?‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.