2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look maybe people are right with cutting lose and going for better and younger fresher. But do some people have to double down and go hard when right now in this moment when a great player for us served so many years comes on and does well scores the winner against arsenal. Surely it's a time for praise and fond memories.

I hear what your saying but if we are talking about bottle and cup games, to even it up didn't jags score a winning penalty v United at Wembley in a cup semi final. Hardly the characteristics of someone lacking bottle
In a game that United dropped their main players. It should never have gone to penalties.

Look maybe people are right with cutting lose and going for better and younger fresher. But do some people have to double down and go hard when right now in this moment when a great player for us served so many years comes on and does well scores the winner against arsenal. Surely it's a time for praise and fond memories.

When it's all said and done, he's been one of the best signings we've made in the last 30 years.

When it's all said and done, he's been one of the best signings we've made in the last 30 years.
Agree entirely.

Baines for 1 year on drastically reduced wages would be absolutely fine for me. Think it's time to say thanks and goodbye to Jagielka though, but if he's working on his badges I would be happy to see him back at Finch Farm one day once he's proven himself elsewhere. He's been a very good player for us and has never been anything but a sheer professional.

I expect both players to have offers from other clubs though, and I'd be happy for them if they decide to prolong their careers elsewhere.
I’d expect Baines to get a very good two year deal from an American club, not sure about Jagielka, I like him a good solid centre back who did a great job for Everton , but at thirty seven he might find it difficult to get a decent offer after Everton, let’s be honest Jags is a physical player so is getting to the end of his career in football as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.