2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jags, Osman and Baines were key components of all the best Everton sides of the last 30 years. Too many people let Daveks nonsense sway them.

How do you think he performed well as a captain?
Again, i'm not sure that we as fans can judge how well somebody is doing as captain.

We haven't won anything with him as captain and no referee has taken out a restraining order on him in fear for their life, those appear to be the main criticisms of his captaincy. On the other hand players talk fondly of him as captain, and he's been given the armband by 6 Everton managers, 1 Sheffield United manager and 1 England manager, so it would appear that he must show some level of competency in the role. It's difficult to know whether Mogzy who goes in the Oak or the people who work with him every day will have a better idea of his capability I suppose, but Mogzy didn't get his round in last time so screw him, I'm trusting the pros.

Baines for 1 year on drastically reduced wages would be absolutely fine for me. Think it's time to say thanks and goodbye to Jagielka though, but if he's working on his badges I would be happy to see him back at Finch Farm one day once he's proven himself elsewhere. He's been a very good player for us and has never been anything but a sheer professional.

I expect both players to have offers from other clubs though, and I'd be happy for them if they decide to prolong their careers elsewhere.

Again, i'm not sure that we as fans can judge how well somebody is doing as captain.

We haven't won anything with him as captain and no referee has taken out a restraining order on him in fear for their life, those appear to be the main criticisms of his captaincy. On the other hand players talk fondly of him as captain, and he's been given the armband by 6 Everton managers, 1 Sheffield United manager and 1 England manager, so it would appear that he must show some level of competency in the role. It's difficult to know whether Mogzy who goes in the Oak or the people who work with him every day will have a better idea of his capability I suppose, but Mogzy didn't get his round in last time so screw him, I'm trusting the pros.

He's a nice guy basically.

I do that, too, but I've seen Jagielka and Baines bottle cup games against: Wigan, Reading, Norwich, etc, in the past.

They aren't some beacon for the our squad to aspire to be.

I hear what your saying but if we are talking about bottle and cup games, to even it up didn't jags score a winning penalty v United at Wembley in a cup semi final. Hardly the characteristics of someone lacking bottle

They both need releasing.

They have been fantastic servants to EFC but we are not here for sentiment.

Robinson back with a season under his belt at Wigan as back up and if we need a 4th choice centre back, it should be one of the under 23’s, otherwise our whole system of bringing youth through is basically a massive waste of time.

They both need releasing.

They have been fantastic servants to EFC but we are not here for sentiment.

Robinson back with a season under his belt at Wigan as back up and if we need a 4th choice centre back, it should be one of the under 23’s, otherwise our whole system of bringing youth through is basically a massive waste of time.

Well if they arent good enough, it is a waste of time.

Im not saying they arent all good enough btw.

Well if they arent good enough, it is a waste of time.

Im not saying they arent all good enough btw.

Well of course, so if they aren’t good enough why are they on the books?

We brought in a load of youth players in the last 3-4 players and none of then get anywhere near.

Looks to me like either our scouts are gash or we don’t develop them properly.

Liverpool buy Gomez and he’s an England international and look the nutz within 18 months.

Can’t recall all the names, but we brought in the lad from Bury, the Dutch kid, is Everton turning into a graveyard for youth?

Doing well in the under 23 league but none of then good enough to break through, there must be a reason.

Well of course, so if they aren’t good enough why are they on the books?

We brought in a load of youth players in the last 3-4 players and none of then get anywhere near.

Looks to me like either our scouts are gash or we don’t develop them properly.

Liverpool buy Gomez and he’s an England international and look the nutz within 18 months.

Can’t recall all the names, but we brought in the lad from Bury, the Dutch kid, is Everton turning into a graveyard for youth?

Doing well in the under 23 league but none of then good enough to break through, there must be a reason.

I think its quite normal mate.

Look around the league, there arent loads of yoot breaking through all over the show.

Every club has a few that make the step up every now and again, but its hardly a production line.

Some players are late bloomers, some players go stale and need a move to ignite them, some players have no desire, some players just need a chance.

Look at Jags and Baines for example, both released as yoots by us, deemed not good enough, both went off and made a career, Shane Duffy the same, the boy Ledson is getting some very good reviews, then there is Jose Baxter, John-Paul Kissock who were both touted as the next big thing.

Its a lottery, the whole thing is just luck, players pick up injuries at times when they might be making the push through, they have a bad game infront of the wrong people, lots of factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.