2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sentimentality doesn’t win trophies, time to go now and either play somewhere else or go into coaching - look how people comment on Big Dunc as a coach,
good luck Jags

Sentimentality doesn’t win trophies, time to go now and either play somewhere else or go into coaching - look how people comment on Big Dunc as a coach,
good luck Jags

...it’s hard to tell, but Jagielka might be management material. I suspect he’ll still want to play for a season, but perhaps at a club where he might just get a chance in the hot seat.

not sure you know, can see him turning around tying his laces when the going gets tough

...top player, top professional. I have never thought for one moment he’s a shirker and some have lazily and continually quoted the ‘shoe laces’ myth. I prefer to remember him having the guts to step up and score a winning penalty in a Wembley semi-Final and the die for the cause defending he showed on many occasions.

He’s absolutely respected by his fellow professionals and that accolade doesn’t apply to many. Not sure if he’s done his badges but I wouldn’t be surprised if he fancies a stab at management.

I'd be really surprised if he stuck around when his boy hood club got promoted, Maybe Sheff United wouldn't even want him but he would probably be well up for that gig.

...top player, top professional. I have never thought for one moment he’s a shirker and some have lazily and continually quoted the ‘shoe laces’ myth. I prefer to remember him having the guts to step up and score a winning penalty in a Wembley semi-Final and the die for the cause defending he showed on many occasions.

He’s absolutely respected by his fellow professionals and that accolade doesn’t apply to many. Not sure if he’s done his badges but I wouldn’t be surprised if he fancies a stab at management.

no doubt whatsoever he was a top player, he wasn't a top captain though

it's no myth either btw, any captain worth his salt would have took the ball of mirallas and told him baines is the take, do you disagree?

he's to "nice" to be a captain, in my opinion anyway

no doubt whatsoever he was a top player, he wasn't a top captain though

it's no myth either btw, any captain worth his salt would have took the ball of mirallas and told him baines is the take, do you disagree?

he's to "nice" to be a captain, in my opinion anyway

....i really don’t know if he’s a top captain, I think he could be. Folk think top captains roll their sleeves up, get in referees faces and shout at teammates. I don’t ever remember Brian Labone or Kevin Ratcliffe being like that.

I don’t know what went on with the penalty situation, Baines and Mirallas were senior pros and Jagielka was 50 yards away. Amazing folk think that moment defines his character.

For me he’s a top captain and a fine representative of our football club.

Marco Silva has revealed talks will be held with both players.

While their deals run out at the end of June, the Blues will have to have informed the players of the club’s decision with the next fortnight with EFL Regulation 67 states that Everton have to notify the pair in writing by May 18 whether or not they’ll receive a new deal.
I'll write to them for Everton.

I have huge respect for Jags after he binned off a move to Arsenal to stay with us back in 2011 or rather didnt agitate for the move like many others. Many considered "Legends" here like the Pienaars of this world suited themselves and binned us off but enjoy a popular narrative, while lads like Jags get shafted, sorry not for me.

Gonna be emotional tonight

I think he will be offered. 1 year contact though

Zouma will return to Chelsea and there is no guarantee that we will sign him

That leaves Michale keane who turns like a tank and has a 50p head and Mina who is injury prone as our only first team defenders. Holgate will probably be first backup and then you only have the likes of Pennington left who isn’t good enough at this level.

Unless they plan on spending 50-80 mil this summer on centre halves we will need someone like jags just incase of injuries and suspensions and emergency cover

Status
Not open for further replies.