2018/19 Phil Jagielka

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the collective kack-ism that came over the players would have affected Keane as well to be honest.

Silva was right to start with Jagielka again after his performance against Arsenal. The issue for Everton was that Jagielka wasn't able to play at the required level a second game running.

Therein lies the crux of it and why he shouldn't be retained. He can do it in a one off game, as ever, but that's it. Hence, no longer value for a contract as a first team squad player at the club.

...it’s strange but Jagielka has always been a player who improves for a run of games (invariably he starts a season slowly, fans call for his head then he hits top form). He’s not been the type to come in for one-off matches, his sharpness definitely picks up for game time. It’s one of the reasons i’ve doubted him coming in for certain games or coming off the bench.

I don’t think he had a particularly good game against Arsenal but it was great he got that goal.

I know it’s a cliche and I would never suggest we keep any player for this reason, but I imagine Silva likes having his influence around USM FF and the dressing room. He’ll be missed when he goes, but it’s up to others to fill that void.

Last edited:
....I don’t hear many arguing that his days with us are over, but he’s never been a ‘dog’ and calling him that is unfair.

It’s not unfair, it’s absolutely pathetic behaviour from a grown man with nothing better to do than to sit on a computer all day getting all worked up about Phil Jagielka.

I have no idea how it is tolerated in here by the moderators. I appreciate we all have different opinions and should express them as that is what makes the forum interesting.

But the bile spouted out of that ass clowns mouth for the last 3 years about Jagielka and Baines, who incidentally are both considered to be loyal and very good servants to the club by a vast majority of the fans is just obsurd.

The only pleasure to be taken out of it is knowing his life is that crap that he has nothing better to do with his time.

It’s not unfair, it’s absolutely pathetic behaviour from a grown man with nothing better to do than to sit on a computer all day getting all worked up about Phil Jagielka.

I have no idea how it is tolerated in here by the moderators. I appreciate we all have different opinions and should express them as that is what makes the forum interesting.

But the bile spouted out of that ass clowns mouth for the last 3 years about Jagielka and Baines, who incidentally are both considered to be loyal and very good servants to the club my a vast majority of the fans is just obsurd.

The only pleasure to be taken out of it is knowing his life is that crap that he has nothing better to do with his time.

....I suppose you could put it that way, Thomas.

I am surprised the race officials from Aintree didn't dash onto the field of play at Fulham to erect a white fence around Jajelka and give him a swift bullet to the head to put him out of his misery following a miserable performance.

I think the collective kack-ism that came over the players would have affected Keane as well to be honest.

Silva was right to start with Jagielka again after his performance against Arsenal. The issue for Everton was that Jagielka wasn't able to play at the required level a second game running.

Therein lies the crux of it and why he shouldn't be retained. He can do it in a one off game, as ever, but that's it. Hence, no longer value for a contract as a first team squad player at the club.
Is a balanced opinion and one I reckon many will share

Capt Jags appears to be a somewhat polarising figure herein this discussion. One thing I believe we can all agree on : isn't Capt Jags handsome with that tan?

Capt Jags appears to be a somewhat polarising figure herein this discussion. One thing I believe we can all agree on : isn't Capt Jags handsome with that tan?
He's sure had plenty of time to work on it this season. Must be the only Englishman in Merseyside sporting a year-round golden tan.

To be honest its mostly on the manager for me it's followed him to three clubs, but Jagielka might make a good coach one day.
It's the stuff we don't see in the background,will Silva take advice? is the advice good? Martinez wouldn't appear to take on board that Howard was past his sell-by date and that his style of play had been found out by most of the rest of the Prem.The top managers evolve,will Silva? can he? only time will tell.

It's the stuff we don't see in the background,will Silva take advice? is the advice good? Martinez wouldn't appear to take on board that Howard was past his sell-by date and that his style of play had been found out by most of the rest of the Prem.The top managers evolve,will Silva? can he? only time will tell.
Who knows. What we do know though is that he hasn't changed anything all season, his plan b is anything but a plan. If we concede we get beat, he struggles to motivate his players. I could on to be fair, 3 wins in 17 and two cups thrown (what for ? ) was enough for me.

Just as I think have we turned a corner ? He drags us back with the Fulham game. Evolve we shall see , but I do think he will get all the time he needs regardless of how many games we win or how we perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.