Our future is depends on our last 12 games :

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno if it's just pure blind optimism or what, but for the last couple of days I've been feeling weirdly confident about staying up. Loads of twists and turns still to come I feel - it's been one of the tightest contests at the bottom ever. I reckon even teams up to Crystal Palace will be fearfully looking over their shoulders still.

I dunno if it's just pure blind optimism or what, but for the last couple of days I've been feeling weirdly confident about staying up. Loads of twists and turns still to come I feel - it's been one of the tightest contests at the bottom ever. I reckon even teams up to Crystal Palace will be fearfully looking over their shoulders still.
Agree. On the one hand it's frustrating that Southampton and Bournemouth aren't dead and buried leaving us with only one team to worry about catching, but there are still so many teams in trouble that it increases our chances more than usual. 2-3 of them will likely sort themselves out enough soon where they get above 30 points and then they are nearly over the line but I think 4-6 will still be in trouble right until the last game or two.

There is 12 games to go, no need to go full death cult.

We’re averaging 7 points from 6 games under Dyche and 3 of those games where against Arsenal and Mordor.

It’s time to keep the head and get behind it - not get too high or too low - we need to do everything possible to enable this team like last year.

The next 12 games? Nah, you'll know well before then...even if mathematically we are still alive.

People seem determined to dismiss the overall trend. That's what hope does, I suppose. But let me put it like this: if Everton fail to beat Brentford tomorrow, the trend of results is pointing to the Championship. It already is, of course, after our failure to beat Forest, but a loss tomorrow would leave only those in denial with genuine expectation of survival. The trend is reinforcing itself with every loss and draw. We have been so poor this season, that only wins are going to reverse it.

I mean, it's possible we stay up because we match Bournemouth and Southampton and just get our noses in front of, say, Leeds, but that's wishful stuff. And even that depends on us getting some results. If you don't want to completely rely on others, or be subject to wild fluctuations in fortune, then it is clear we need to reverse the direction of the trend of our own results - and only wins will really do that.

I felt that that Sunday's result strongly suggests Championship football next season. It certainly makes getting ahead of a very poor side who has just been promoted difficult. Failure to beat a much better side tomorrow means the writing is on the wall. We retain hope, regardless, but it is best to prepare oneself in that situation, because all that is left then is that hope. And that, famously, is what kills.
Same old negative drivel.
Be negative by all means, but don’t drag the rest of us down with it. There’s 36 points to play for.

For what it is worth, I have been following EVERTON since we were the second division. Born in Everton, lived there until our house got pulled down and we went to Northwood. Travelled countrywide to away games in the snow on trains & buses to cheer our lads on during my 71 years as a bluenose, but this season is the most frightened I have ever been !!. If anyone can tell me how many points we will get out of the 36 on offer I would really love to know. We still have to play Brentford , Chelsea , Spurs Manure, Fulham , Palace ,Newcastle . Leicester , Brighton , Man City , Wolves and Bournemouth .We are on 22 points ,when we went down in 1951 we had 32 points from 42 games. We now only have 38. You can see why I am frightened !!
What I would give to see Dominic Calvert-Lewin back scoring goals every week or any attacking player with the "on target ability to score goals" the transfer window
on June 10th could well see us buying new players to play in the Championship in a brand new shiny ground at Bramley Moor, I hope not !!!!
A Very Scary Thread Title..

Brentford tomorrow - we are underdogs, no question, but they're far from unbeatable
Chelsea - Their form is so bad that it's plausible we get something
Tottenham - yeah we'll lose this one at least 3-0 like
Man United - Liverpool 7-0'd them, and it's halfway to being a derby so anything can happen. Back ourselves.
Fulham - decades old agreement signed and honoured with them that the home team always wins, back it
Palace - Hard away day but their forms bad and they slipped up to us last year, got to back it
Newcastle - i hate them i hate them i hate them i hate them but yes they will almost definitely beat us unfortunately
Leicester - probably have nothing to play for, hopefully that helps
Brighton - please God let Solly March have a short term illness which does him no harm because he seems like a nice bloke but pls God stop him playing
City - oh no, really, 3rd to last game? :(
Wolves - If we're still in contention to stay up at this point, we HAVE to win this. HAVE to. Which means we probably won't.
Bournemouth - Pray to Saint Limpar for forgiveness and he will deliver salvation via a very very blatant dive channeled through probably Maupay

I've been watching the great escape videos on youtube repeatedly lads. It's all terrifying but we have to believe, pray, channel your energy, whatever it is. Just be loud at Goodison, it's all we can do. If we do go down, we HAVE to put up good attendance numbers next year regardless. But forget about that for now, just do all the praying and eat healthy because our hearts are gonna need it.

We are just one draw away from getting out of the bottom 3.

One draw.

Towards the end of last season we seemed to be dead and buried and yet we confounded the critics and the RS fans by beating the likes of Man Utd, Leicester and Chelsea.

We, the fans, saved this great club of ours last season. And we will do so again this season.

If Goodison is bouncing tomorrow we get out of the bottom 3.

We seem to play better against sides at the top end, and even in the poor results since Dyche's been in charge, we've created
a lot more chances than before.

I don't think we'll lose all of the Spurs, Chelsea and Man Utd matches.

Maybe this season will end up like 2004/05, remember West Brom will still bottom with about 20 mins to go in that final match, no smart phones around then for instant results, My brother messaging me on the old Nokia when the other teams scored. I've been on tablets for High Blood Pressure since though.

Maybe this season will end up like 2004/05, remember West Brom will still bottom with about 20 mins to go in that final match, no smart phones around then for instant results, My brother messaging me on the old Nokia when the other teams scored. I've been on tablets for High Blood Pressure since though.
That was a crazy day.

Status
Not open for further replies.