Our future is depends on our last 12 games :

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it is worth, I have been following EVERTON since we were the second division. Born in Everton, lived there until our house got pulled down and we went to Northwood. Travelled countrywide to away games in the snow on trains & buses to cheer our lads on during my 71 years as a bluenose, but this season is the most frightened I have ever been !!. If anyone can tell me how many points we will get out of the 36 on offer I would really love to know. We still have to play Brentford , Chelsea , Spurs Manure, Fulham , Palace ,Newcastle . Leicester , Brighton , Man City , Wolves and Bournemouth .We are on 22 points ,when we went down in 1951 we had 32 points from 42 games. We now only have 38. You can see why I am frightened !!
What I would give to see Dominic Calvert-Lewin back scoring goals every week or any attacking player with the "on target ability to score goals" the transfer window
on June 10th could well see us buying new players to play in the Championship in a brand new shiny ground at Bramley Moor, I hope not !!!!
Top bold blue font mate 👌

Idiots who think this team can possibly beat Brentford who are unbeaten in the Premier League since October, since then they have won at the Etihad & drew away at Arsenal. A draw would be a good result but in all honesty we have little chance.

Idiots who think this team can possibly beat Brentford who are unbeaten in the Premier League since October, since then they have won at the Etihad & drew away at Arsenal. A draw would be a good result but in all honesty we have little chance.
Who would of thought we would of beat Arsenal at home….we did though

We can beat Brentford, and who knows it may kick a run of going unbeaten

images.jpeg-55.jpg

We will go down but arise from the ashes and be back in the Premier League the season after. It will be like when Rocky beats Clubber Lang.

I think this Sat is a big deciding game, we win that then we will all have hope, lose it and it will probably be a stretch too far

The next 12 games? Nah, you'll know well before then...even if mathematically we are still alive.

People seem determined to dismiss the overall trend. That's what hope does, I suppose. But let me put it like this: if Everton fail to beat Brentford tomorrow, the trend of results is pointing to the Championship. It already is, of course, after our failure to beat Forest, but a loss tomorrow would leave only those in denial with genuine expectation of survival. The trend is reinforcing itself with every loss and draw. We have been so poor this season, that only wins are going to reverse it.

I mean, it's possible we stay up because we match Bournemouth and Southampton and just get our noses in front of, say, Leeds, but that's wishful stuff. And even that depends on us getting some results. If you don't want to completely rely on others, or be subject to wild fluctuations in fortune, then it is clear we need to reverse the direction of the trend of our own results - and only wins will really do that.

I felt that that Sunday's result strongly suggests Championship football next season. It certainly makes getting ahead of a very poor side who has just been promoted difficult. Failure to beat a much better side tomorrow means the writing is on the wall. We retain hope, regardless, but it is best to prepare oneself in that situation, because all that is left then is that hope. And that, famously, is what kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.