One Everton player from history

Status
Not open for further replies.
All day long...Alan Ball.
The day he left I was devastated..
Hurt like hell for months,in fact it still hurts now.
RIP Alan Ball...
Yeah Neville Southall wasn't too bad.

Some real quality to choose from: Ball, Lineker, Ratcliffe, Beardlsey, Sheedy, Kanchelskis and a certain Mr Dean would all be huge for this side, plus loads of others. I gotta go with a guy I was lucky enough to see play though, and my all time favourite player. Big Nev. Truly world class, and we don't get to say that too often about one of ours.

@GrandOldTeam Can it be put to a vote? I reckon Big Nev is leading the way...

Being close to 30 I don't remember the mid 80's side so the only one who comes close to getting a mention since i've been watching is Rooney at 17-18 when he was still exciting and ran at players.

From what I have heard, Southall, Ball and Dean have to be up there. But Steven, Young and Ratcliffe would have to be considered too.

I think Nev (and any keeper from that era) might struggle with the backpass ruling and the need to be decent with ball at feet these days, so I'm going to go with Kancelskis. He'd be fantastic in the counter attacking game of today.

Southall used to play out of goal as a youth and always had good 'feet'. He was still playing for us when the backpass rule was changed and didn't look out of place.

Of recent times a prime Steven Pienaar.

Never seen anyone play pre-2001 ish but I'd say Neville Southall.

Status
Not open for further replies.