One Everton player from history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difficult one, thing we are well stocked in centre mid and have our main striker covered, full backs aren't bad either. Leaves support for Rom or wide player, centre back or keeper. I think the weakest link in our team is currently Funis Mori so I'm going to go for one Kevin Ratcliffe, think his pace at the back would be excellent.

Right now we need a top keeper, I will choose Nev.
Based on pure raw uncapped talent, Wayne Rooney.

In fact I would have Wayne Rooney now. Come at me haterz.

Southall - best keeper i have ever seen bar none

Although lots and lots of players that would absolutely take this team to the next level if just one of them where here

Sharp, Steven, Ratcliffe, Kanchelskis, Ball, Speed, Kendall, Royle, Sheedy, Rooney, Keown, Watson just to mention a few from the last 50 years

I think Nev (and any keeper from that era) might struggle with the backpass ruling and the need to be decent with ball at feet these days, so I'm going to go with Kancelskis. He'd be fantastic in the counter attacking game of today.

I would normally say Big Nev or Alan Ball, but Peter Reid would have this team playing beautifully and have Rom scoring 50+ a season......

...Robles is doing ok so I'm not thinking Southall would make a major difference (brilliant though he was). I like the Rooney shouts, but a certain Peter Beardsley might also give us that vital bit of creativity.
Bearsley is an excellent shout, just what this team lacks on a regular basis, good goal output too.

In my time watching Everton there's only one person I could pick and that's Kanchelskis, what a player he was. He should have had a far better career than he did but he didn't do too badly I suppose.

If I had to go before my time I think I'd have to go for Alex Young.

...Robles is doing ok so I'm not thinking Southall would make a major difference (brilliant though he was). I like the Rooney shouts, but a certain Peter Beardsley might also give us that vital bit of creativity.
Im with you on that even though Nev is my fave player ever. I think we're really lacking a Sheeds type player so I'd go for him.

Definitely Nev but for an outfield player maybe Trevor Steven or Sheedy. Sheedy maybe edges it due to his dead ball prowess

IMG_1607.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.