One Everton player from history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many from the 60's and 80's - too many to mention.

This may upset a few - I wish we could have had Peter Beardsley in his prime - utter class, a VERY clever footballer. When we did have him he was utter boss - that just made it worse that you know who had him for longer :rant:

Maybe a bit left field this but Graeme Sharp. Every striker he played with scored loads of goals- Heath, Gray, Lineker. I always thought he was a forward who could make goals as well as score them. Unselfish and led the line really well. Stick him up front with Rom, sit back, relax and enjoy.

If you could have one Everton player in his prime for this current Everton eleven who would you go for?
Now, if we talk just about when players were in their personal primes regardless of success they achieved, i don't think than anyone before 2000 could make an impact. Nowadays, players are much better overall, technically and physically. So, i think that Cahill or Arteta could be my answer. I only watch Everton from 2012, so Distin is my personal favourite.

Would have to be out of Southall, Steven, Reid, Sheedy, Beardsley or Kanchelskis out of the players I've seen.

We need a big noise or a character on the pitch to make them believe they CAN achieve, so I would go for Andy Gray.

Status
Not open for further replies.