Old Everton Pictures

Cameron Manning

Player Valuation: £2.5m
He was missing to think we won without Bally , and the magnificent Hursty then fluffed the final - I did not realise the GV was our sub in the final, and we needed at least one goal in the most one sided final ever according to Bally....doh....
That might have been the last cup final team that had eleven English players starting the game, when Liverpool beat us twenty years later, in the extra time game, their starting eleven didn’t have one, Lawrenson was English but opted to play for Southern Ireland.

degsy

Player Valuation: £70m
What was the little clothes shop opposite TJ Hughes that now would not have a correct PC terminology- a great little bargain shop with all the latest fashions for teenagers etc?
There was another decent little clothes shop at the bottom of London Rd on Commutation Row. Had all the latest gear for the mid 60s. Not at outrageous prices either.

Bluebonic

Player Valuation: £15m
....got me thinking of a bloke called John Osborne who played in goal for a West Brom. He’s not in that picture, but what a character, he was always having banter with Gladys St.

Edit; just looked him up, sadly no longer with us.
It is a shame that the old tradition of the opposition goalie having banter with the fans has died :(
I always remember big Joe Corrigan of Man City was good with the comebacks, the flying pig wasn’t bad either :)

T LEAFE

Player Valuation: £10m
Picture this.
An almost orange corduroy jacket with a pair of light green parallel kecks and black como shoes complete with a lookalike Ben Sherman shirt. What a mess.
The como shoes were good. It was the platform shoes that were dreadful

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.