Old Everton Pictures

tommytowne

Player Valuation: £30m
Never knew there was a Nobblets, as in Mother Nobblet the Toffee Lady on London Road?

Not footie related, but looking at the pic takes me back fifty years and more.
The street leading up at an angle contained a warehouse where my mam was able to cash her Sturla's cheque and kit me out in clothes. Not the best quality or choice but it was the only way I got new clothes on my back.

Joey66

Player Valuation: £70m
Not footie related, but looking at the pic takes me back fifty years and more.
The street leading up at an angle contained a warehouse where my mam was able to cash her Sturla's cheque and kit me out in clothes. Not the best quality or choice but it was the only way I got new clothes on my back.
Great shops at the top of London Road in the 1960/70s ;)

Joey66

January 30th 1965 Pickering v Leeds (A) FA CUP Jack Charlton punches a header from Jimmy Gabriel over the bar resulting in a penalty which Fred Pickering converts - a 2-1 defeat at home on 2nd February knocked us out with Fred scoring the only goal again in front of near 66,000 fans at home...-

kev

Player Valuation: £40m
Alan Gilzean celebrates a goal for Spurs against Everton at Goodison Park in the 1971-72 season - in a 1-1 draw for the Blues - I rated this guy seen him a few time at Goodison one game he and Greaves destroyed us -
View attachment 55993
Agreed @Joey66 Gilzean was one of my favourite (none Everton) players.
Another (none Everton) favourite was Derek Dougan (although I hated him on this particular day)
Remember football on ice? I was at this game.

Eggs

A wonderful picture
Great celebrations
Get in my son

....many years ago I was watching a Lancashire League game at Bellefield with my very young son. Andy Hinchcliffe was watching nearby. When the game ended, a few kids ran to Hinchcliffe for his autograph, but my son made a beeline to the opposition touchline. Sheedy was in charge of Blackburn that day and my lad had been brought up on tales of Sheedy.

He had his priorities right.

T LEAFE

Player Valuation: £10m
....many years ago I was watching a Lancashire League game at Bellefield with my very young son. Andy Hinchcliffe was watching nearby. When the game ended, a few kids ran to Hinchcliffe for his autograph, but my son made a beeline to the opposition touchline. Sheedy was in charge of Blackburn that day and my lad had been brought up on tales of Sheedy.

Sheedy was a truly class player but both had a wand of a left foot. Hinchcliffe put in some of the best corners I’ve even seen( and big Dunc benefited the most)

Dario Terracotta

Was at a party a few years ago at a golf club in Manchester,told my girlfriend at the time that Andy H was there,went the bogs and on my return she tells me he’s at the bar waiting for me with a pint,said he was made up to have a chat with an Evertonian,really decent,modest fella,put any success he had in the game down to big joe and willie Donnachie,I said he took great set pieces/corners but he put it all down to big dunc and rideout and the fact he’d only have to whip a ball in the zone and one of the big lads would get a touch and bingo,not on sheeds level,who would be?but a fine player in a decent side for us was Andy :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.