Old Everton Pictures

Joey66

Player Valuation: £70m
Is this the player who went from the School of science football at the Blues to this -To start of the Dirty Leeds who could play - wee Bobby gets stuck into Gerry Byrne of Liverpool in the 1965 cup final - beaten in the final in 1965 , and lost the title on goal difference to man United - wee Bobby footballer of the year - Everton that.......
GB.jpg

Major Gowen

Player Valuation: £950k
Is this the player who went from the School of science football at the Blues to this -To start of the Dirty Leeds who could play - wee Bobby gets stuck into Gerry Byrne of Liverpool in the 1965 cup final - beaten in the final in 1965 , and lost the title on goal difference to man United - wee Bobby footballer of the year - Everton that.......
View attachment 53234
A shocker of a challenge and even worse when seen in motion

BigMick

Player Valuation: £1.5m
Was that the game where Duncan was hurdling all the tackles while they tried to chop him down, and we were all shouting "ole"? Very fond memories if it was that game.
It may have been well have been Granada cover the game highlights on Sunday , and Tommy Smith guest commentator or expert gave Andy King MOTMlol
I remember Smith said Duncan belonged in a circus! Despite the win Billy Bingham was sacked on the Monday.

Dario Terracotta

Me too Larbert...
Alan Ball will never be surpassed by anybody in my eyes..that,s probably why i am so critical of the players in Our Club today.
As for The Lawman.. one fine player who probably would have suited most teams in the division.
Respect mate...;);)
I remember seeing somewhere minutes from the Everton board meetings late 1950s/early 1960s and recall that we actually were very interested in signing Denis Law:)

Joey66

I remember seeing somewhere minutes from the Everton board meetings late 1950s/early 1960s and recall that we actually were very interested in signing Denis Law:)
George Best also indicated that if he ever left OT - he would move down the East Lancs to a team that did not play in Red...... it was our glory days with the holy trinity midfield.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.