Old Everton Pictures

kev

Player Valuation: £40m
He looks almost identical to this day except for his hair being grey, spoke to him a couple of weeks before Xmas.
Should get him posting on GOT mate ;) Bet he has some boss tales to tell. Would love to hear his memories. It must have been a bit of a shock for him in those early days, one minute playing for Falkirk and then within weeks he was in the same team as the likes of Alan Ball, winning derby matches and thrashing Southampton 8-0.

centralTon

Player Valuation: £8m
Should get him posting on GOT mate ;) Bet he has some boss tales to tell. Would love to hear his memories. It must have been a bit of a shock for him in those early days, one minute playing for Falkirk and then within weeks he was in the same team as the likes of Alan Ball, winning derby matches and thrashing Southampton 8-0.
Don't really think football forums are his thing. I worked with him when he retired from football, albeit about 10 years after he retired and he always had a good story to tell. He still lives in the Falkirk area and I think he's often a guest at Falkirk home games. Good guy.

Joey66

Player Valuation: £70m
I read Bobby Collins life story in the book Bobby Collins the wee - a great read - I did not realise EFC signed him as a youth player but Celtic heard about the signing as they had him lined up and under SFA rules we had to return him in a gentleman's agreement as he was only an apprentice if he had been English we could have demanded he stayed - Everton that - I would have loved to have seen him play just missed out on him - the pocket dynamo sold far too early by the Catt - the tributes in the book from Labby, Roy Vernon were enough to make you gasp what a great world class first ever box to box midfielder he really was.... Leeds benefited from him
here's a photo of young Bobby as a cobbler -
cob.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.