Nuremberg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fella I sat next to, Everton lad like but we were in the German end, jumped up with both hands in the air when Anichebe scored. Had his mobile in one of his hands and it went flying about 10 rows ahead of us. We were crying watching him ask the Germans if they could kindly look under their seats for a stray mobile phone. Got it back, too!

Was a fantastic run in Europe that season, I know we got to the knockouts a few times but really felt we were taking the comp. by storm that year

Awesome trip, i stayed until Saturday night and went to see the courtroom from the trials which was open to the public on Saturdays

great away trip. Anyone got to Athens and Young boys at the Wanksdorf?
Went to Young boys, Manchester to Eindhoven hired a car then drove to Karlsruhe in Germany day before the game, place was dead, in a pub full of students for a quiz night,in German of course, then on to Switzerland. 6 of us, great trip

Flew to Frankfurt the night before and the Irish pub was booming full of blues. Berlin the night after the game and home. Great memories that, time has flew.

Fourteen years ago today...Nurnberg. One of the greatest away turn-outs ever. I'd forgotten how late the two goals were, though. Arteta (83) and Anichebe (87)

1636459889216.png

1636460061874.png

Status
Not open for further replies.