Nuremberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodisonRoadSupperBarWool

Player Valuation: £6m
Just been reminded that’s it’s been 14 years since one of the best days in my life watching the blues. Sadly I know it ended with no trophy but what a day. That team was probs the last time I actually liked most of the players. That city, that ground and that atmosphere was fantastic.

Since 1995 I actually feel that was the one that got away more than most. I know we had the cup final in 2009 but the spine of that team was out Injured.
The entire run in Europe that season just felt like we were getting stronger.

Still it was a great day and can’t believe it’s been 14 years.

Just been reminded that’s it’s been 14 years since one of the best days in my life watching the blues. Sadly I know it ended with no trophy but what a day. That team was probs the last time I actually liked most of the players. That city, that ground and that atmosphere was fantastic.

Since 1995 I actually feel that was the one that got away more than most. I know we had the cup final in 2009 but the spine of that team was out Injured.
The entire run in Europe that season just felt like we were getting stronger.

Still it was a great day and can’t believe it’s been 14 years.
Scary , it was that long ago .

Great trip and we’ve undoubtedly gone backwards since then , hard to believe but extremely Everton I suppose .

Also if you’d told me the fella across the park would be great in charge at goodison I’m not sure I’d have laughed , cried or wanted to give you a crack .

Scary , it was that long ago .

Great trip and we’ve undoubtedly gone backwards since then , hard to believe but extremely Everton I suppose .

Also if you’d told me the fella across the park would be great in charge at goodison I’m not sure I’d have laughed , cried or wanted to give you a crack .
Funny enough my mrs just sent me a photo of me having a photo next to to a flag that had “ weve got a Spanish wizard they got a Spanish waiter”

Remember it well, flew from East Mids and was supposed to land in Berlin but ended up landing in Lubeck ( apparently Ryanair didn’t pay their landing fees) 3 hour coach ride to Berlin 2 hours sleep then pick up car from Berlin airport then a 3 hour car drive to Nuremberg, but a great trip , actually went back to Nuremberg a few years ago and would definitely recommend it to anyone who’s looking for a city break.

That was a great trip. I remember there being a lot of stories about Everton fans buying tickets in the home section on the run up to the game and that they might have their tickets cancelled for security reasons. It was great to see the blocks of blues in the home end and everyone enjoying just watching footie with no sign of trouble. The football should be enjoyed.

Tournament was there for the taking that year

Zenit were nothing special aside from Arshavin and we beat them in the group.

That Rangers side that put Fiorentina out was absolute gash and had no right to be anywhere near a final.

Status
Not open for further replies.