Nugent - Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
31195863.jpg

Nugent isnt anywhere near premiership quality. You never know he could make the grade or could just work out well for us but to say he is better than Naismith is a bit strange.

I would have Chris Wood in a heartbeat though....

Bizarrely I had a season ticket at Preston when he was there. Granted its a few years ago, but i think the biggest reason he is unlikely to be bought by ourselves or other clubs in the higher reaches of the league is his massive lack of pace. Im being relative of course, he is nifty compared with the likes of Mark Pembridge, but he isnt lightening.

Beckford proved that you can be a moderate success in the premier league with no footballing brain, a below average finisher, but pace to burn. If you havent got pace you are never going to get 15/20 + which is what we are after. Lambert, Holt, Graham, Morison, Walters... all decent players in their own right but never going to set the world alight.

To clarify on Nugent:

He isnt deadly quick
His finishing is average
Hes the wrong side of 25
He hasnt got any creativity in him like a trick or two to beat a man or steal half a yard

All im saying is that if this was the Walter Smith/Early Moyes era than he'd be worth a punt for a few million. We are 5th in the league and spending what little resources we have on David Nugent isnt going to inspire a surge for 4th.

Cheers Nuge, we know your a blue, but its a pipe-dream

Nugent isnt anywhere near premiership quality. You never know he could make the grade or could just work out well for us but to say he is better than Naismith is a bit strange.

I would have Chris Wood in a heartbeat though....

Woods is awesome he's going to be some player in a couple more years, already going well.

He probably wouldn't trip over the ball in the box under no pressure. But perhaps we should be asking more in a striker.

Why hasnt he signed yet, nugent can lead us to Champions League glory.
I expect to see him leading the line for England at the world cup 2014.

And is it just me, or does he come across as one of them kind of players who's career will go down hill after 28?

He could very easily be a James Beattie and fade.... or a McBride.

Its a risk i'd be willing to take, if the fee was right.
McBRIDE!!!!

My American heart quivers. Fav player pretty much all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.