Nugent - Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Player Valuation: £20m
I think if Preston get promoted Nugent will stay with preston, but if they don't then he will come to Everton.

Question is, do you the fans want him?

Perhaps another question is, If its a choice of Nugent or say Fernandes which would you rather have?

I'd love to see this lad at Everton, a proper blue, I just hope he isn't another mcfadden or jeffers.

I say get rid of Beattie and Fadders and buy him. He looks good and he'll clearly give his all for the club.

If it was a choice between him and Manny I wouldn't be quite so sure, but I'm hoping we can bring them both in. :)

I think, based on the Youtube vid and his only senior game so far, I would take Fernandes.

I know Nugent is a true Blue, but we do have Anichebe, Vaughn and Spencer waiting in the wings, in addition to McFadden. So the way I see it, buy Manny and do a straight swap, Beattie for Nugent in the summer.

I agree welton and dyaln, of course we want both, it was just a catch 22 question kinda thing.

personally, if we got say fernandes we could confidently play 4-4-2 with nugent and AJ up front.

Now that would be good to see.

The end to this season is key to the future of Everton, come on boys! lets do it!

Havent got much to go on to have a true decision on Nugent OR Fernandes.

But in my opinion, I wouldnt want Everton to pay more than 4m for Nugent.

I totally agree Danny, the price is the key for me, I think we could actually get him for 3-3.5m

and for that price, I'd defo give him a chance.

And is it just me, or does he come across as one of them kind of players who's career will go down hill after 28?

He could very easily be a James Beattie and fade.... or a McBride.

Its a risk i'd be willing to take, if the fee was right.

I think he will either shine or fail, no inbetween ground.

So given these conditions it is important we get the fee right.

Do we think he is any better than say Anichebe or Vaughan?

Bruce Wayne said on TW that the £6m tag that is being banded about would be based a lot on appearances and stuff, so if he is crap he shouldn't cost that much :p

If he's in the last year of his contract he shouldn't cost that much should he?

Out of the two, I think Fernandes. He is a midfielder who can knit the whole team together and enable us to play 442. We play AJ up front with Vic or Vaughan for a year and then get Nugent on a nominal next year.

Watched Nugent play today against City I was very impressed. I think there would be a place for him in our squad. Good size,quick has a good goal scorers presence and there is one drawback he smiles all the time. Maybe it isn't such a huge drawback when this kid is just having fun. He loves us so lets give him a try.

Good to see Michael Ball connect on a cracker today off both posts. Still wished we entertained bringing him back last year.

Ball would have been a great signing, especially considering sandro has to go, naysmith isn't good enough and Nuno is getting niggly injuries all the time.

we could have had ball and then brought in paddy.

I think the Nugent deal is a runner, did anyone see Soccer Saturday: Geoff Stelling said it seemed that Nugent really want to sign to sign for Everton. "But would David Moyes be intrested". Charlie Nicholas non hesitantly said Moyes was "Definately" a fan and the only thing that would scupper a move would be the price. Seemed as if he had talked to Moyes about it (They played together for Celtic and are apparently mates).

I think there may be an excellent peice of buissness to be had here. Firstly none of the top four will be looking for him. Therefore we will be fighting it out with the likes of Newcastle, maybe Spurs and the Man Citys of the World. Our trump card is he is a die hard blue and really wants to come. So if he knows Everton are interested he can do one of two things: make it known through his agent/media that he only wants to sign for Everton to other clubs, thus other clubs will not come in for him, or if they do he can decline to agree signing for another club bar Everton.

If the above is eveident to the Preston board and they are apprecitive of his servce i beleive we will get him for 3mill up front rising to 5 based on apperances and success. Another advantage is that Moyes used to manage Preston and is no doubht on good terms with the board there, which may help negotiations.

He is definetly a Moyes/Everton type player young, enthusiastic, talented and with the potential to be sold in the future for more then we pay for him (Sorry but this will come into the clubs thinking).

If we can sell Beatie for five and swap him for Nugent it could be great bit of buissness, certainly i beleive that nugent may score more than four golas a season (or at least be prepared give him the chance to). It would also leave the age profile of our remaining four strikers at about 23.

In essence if it is to be a straight swap for Beatie it shoould cost us very little.

Last edited:
Neiler - I can't find the article right now, but Nugent has already said that the only club he will ever leave preston for is Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.