Match Thread Nottingham Forest vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Infuriating. 2 points thrown away. Dyche - like us must be fuming.
Some basic errors cost us the points.
Pickford parry - and another one that could have cost us. Awful distribution too.
Defence average - thought Godfrey did ok considering his fitness level. I do think Keane is an upgrade on Coady - at least he has a goal threat.
Midfield is awful. Onana anonymous. Time to rest him. Doucoure so sloppy for their 2nd. Always has a mistake in him.
Iwobi is not and never has been good enough. No pace whatsoever and not only is he getting slower but his touch has gone. Gueye did ok - Davies woeful.
McNeil and Gray showed some effort at least.
Bad bad result given our position. Ref was shocking and clearly a biased homer.

Dyche must have worked on getting goals from corners / free kicks from Mina?
As usual with the luck of supporting Everton,

I'm sorry it's nothing personal but this is not a good point, because now we now need to suddenly learn to win away - 3 times - by my calculation against Leicester, Palace and Wolves - the most likely teams where we might get a win. We might have been decent, but I'd accept what you said if it was early in the season and we were rebuilding with a new manager. I'm the most positive optimist about Everton, but more importantly did you see any signs that we might suddenly get some attacking nous and aggression?
It was still a good point, what was not good was dropping points against Villa and in many other games. Today's point was hard earned and a result that, I for one, was not expecting at kick off time. The important thing now is will we build on this against Brentford, or, revert to type.

If only Onana could put in a performance which warranted his talk of playing for the biggest clubs in the world.

We have the thickest, most unintelligent group of players in the league.
I can't wait to see the back of half of them.
He’s just looked like a more expensive Doucoure last few games,needs to step up and match his talking.

Tbh and I'm not at all Doucoure fan but their is no way Onana has ever eclipsed anything Doucoure has in a blue jersey.
Onana has struggled to play even a simple five yard ball the last two/three games just like Doucoure alongside him,he was totally anonymous today.

Onana should be imposing himself on teams - instead he’s getting mugged off by the likes of bloody Shelvy and McGinn.

Midfield were awful yet again today - bottling out of 50-50s all over the shop.

It was still a good point, what was not good was dropping points against Villa and in many other games. Today's point was hard earned and a result that, I for one, was not expecting at kick off time. The important thing now is will we build on this against Brentford, or, revert to type.

yes I suppose so !

Status
Not open for further replies.