Match Thread Nottingham Forest vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nottingham Forrest's home stats speak for themselves. So in isolation, a point was good, and it was an ok performance. But we needed 3 points and today we were the better team. So disappointing with only 1 point.

A little more quality in the team, then we would probably have scored 1 or 2 goals after the break, and could have dictated the rhythm of the match. Unfortunately, we are at our worst when we have the ball ourselves, both tactically and technically, and give Nottingham several good opportunities against us when we ourselves are off balance.

Nottingham Forrest's home stats speak for themselves. So in isolation, a point was good, and it was an ok performance. But we needed 3 points and today we were the better team. So disappointing with only 1 point.

A little more quality in the team, then we would probably have scored 1 or 2 goals after the break, and could have dictated the rhythm of the match. Unfortunately, we are at our worst when we have the ball ourselves, both tactically and technically, and give Nottingham several good opportunities against us when we ourselves are off balance.
5 wins from 13 home games

not even in the top 10

not even in the top 10
Yes, there is this myth that we have just gone to Brian Clough's Nottingham Forest circa 1978-80 and been unlucky to take a point. The reality is we have failed to beat a very poor side despite leading twice, blown a massive chance to get out of the bottom three, throw Forest into panic, and set ourselves up for Brentford.

I think the manager is doing his best, but these players are cretins. They will always find a way to throw things away.

I personally take that as a massive 2 points dropped, even more so when you lead twice knowing a win will get you out the bottom 3 with some tough games coming up - the only thing you can take from today is we didn't lose

Just watched on record. Feels like a loss. Fair few of the forwards up for man of the match McNeil tireless and up for the fight.
Dacoure well scored and gave them one. Gray man of the match, step up took penalty and scored, another who has a pair of danglies.
Thought the ref was pretty poor again.

I thought Doucoure plated well and was all for giving him my vote.

But that half hit pass which led to their second goal is unforgivable.

Voted for Seamus instead.

Haven’t read through these but I have only one question. Why is Garner on the bench if not going to use him? Davies over him is inexcusable

Just watched on record. Feels like a loss. Fair few of the forwards up for man of the match McNeil tireless and up for the fight.
Dacoure well scored and gave them one. Gray man of the match, step up took penalty and scored, another who has a pair of danglies.
Thought the ref was pretty poor again.
Gray should have buried his next chance though. Just did what hey all do and flapped when in front of goal. Would have been a comfortable win if he had done that. We were well on top at that point.

I think we had a period for about 10 mins just before there 2nd were we keep getting to the edge of there box and they run out of ideas and just slow it down. Not once did we take a shot on or produce a single goal chance. Or even throw a good percentage ball in

not even in the top 10
They haven't lost at home in 8 games, now 9 games, but yes, it's not Brian Clough's Nottingham Forrest when they were on top, but then it's also been a long time since we were a feared away team in the PL.

I'd be happy with all of those changes. Something's got to give, as the current XI isn't capable of scoring a goal from open play.

Dyche must have worked on getting goals from corners / free kicks from Mina?
As usual with the luck of supporting Everton,
It was a good point today, in a game when I thought we would get nothing. The fact that we twice led took the shine off it and made it feel a bit more like 2 points dropped rather than 1 point gained. Went with Coleman for man of the match, I thought he was very good today.

We were more direct and I think we had more of the ball in their area than they did in ours, although I don't do stats, so I can't be sure, but, Forest looked to have far more quality than us. All in all a decently point against opponents who have a very good home record.

I'm sorry it's nothing personal but this is not a good point, because now we now need to suddenly learn to win away - 3 times - by my calculation against Leicester, Palace and Wolves - the most likely teams where we might get a win. We might have been decent, but I'd accept what you said if it was early in the season and we were rebuilding with a new manager. I'm the most positive optimist about Everton, but more importantly did you see any signs that we might suddenly get some attacking nous and aggression?

Status
Not open for further replies.