Match Thread Nottingham Forest vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watching the highlights again. I feel Pickford should do better to turn that shot around the post rather than palming it out for the opposition to tap in. He did it again in the second half but got away with it. One to look at in training. Goal of the Month for Seamus at least

From a winning position at 2-1, it feels like we lost 2 points, which puts extra pressure on the next game against Brentford. It's the pressure some of our players can't handle, as witnessed against Arsenal midweek handkerchief folded after a promising start. That said, Dyche has done better with this lot than Lampard did and its a work in progress that may save us in the end. The more we're down the bottom the more vital it becomes to get wins.

I was hoping that now the dust has settled I'd feel a bit more rational about yesterday's game.

However I'm finding it really, really difficult to. We have such little quality going forward, a half-decent attack would have scored 3/4 goals yesterday. A proactive manager would have seen Doucoure, Gray absolutely blowing out of their arses. Maupay for Gray was an obvious change. I get that Onana/Gana/Doucoure are probably the most obvious midfield 3 at the moment, but Doucoure needed to go off, he was blowing. When he's tired his decisions get worse as shown in that 1-0 win at home recently with that late chance. His decision on the ball for their equaliser was the same. He's not a great footballer so when he gets tired, mentally and physically those mistakes are more likely.

I knew with Dyche our football would be direct and a bit of 'hope for something to happen', which is exactly what it is. I would have hoped for more progressive changes though, it's just half a plan and hoping something bounces. It is remarkably frustrating.

Tom Davies still getting minutes in an Everton shirt is still comical. He played 7 minutes and still was awful, and managed to get his standard booking.

I was hoping that now the dust has settled I'd feel a bit more rational about yesterday's game.

However I'm finding it really, really difficult to. We have such little quality going forward, a half-decent attack would have scored 3/4 goals yesterday. A proactive manager would have seen Doucoure, Gray absolutely blowing out of their arses. Maupay for Gray was an obvious change. I get that Onana/Gana/Doucoure are probably the most obvious midfield 3 at the moment, but Doucoure needed to go off, he was blowing. When he's tired his decisions get worse as shown in that 1-0 win at home recently with that late chance. His decision on the ball for their equaliser was the same. He's not a great footballer so when he gets tired, mentally and physically those mistakes are more likely.

I knew with Dyche our football would be direct and a bit of 'hope for something to happen', which is exactly what it is. I would have hoped for more progressive changes though, it's just half a plan and hoping something bounces. It is remarkably frustrating.

Tom Davies still getting minutes in an Everton shirt is still comical. He played 7 minutes and still was awful, and managed to get his standard booking.

There has got to be some one better than him in the playing staff whatever age.

Before the match maybe but absolutely not after how it went. We had the game for the taking but due to basic errors and a lack of bottle from players and manager, we lost 2 points that we wont be getting back.

I know mate, but I was expecting a loss so 2-2 away against Forest is a good result.

I thought all 4 goals were very preventable, but that’s what you get with 2 relegation threatened teams

Your right winger (Iwobi?) looked good

I thought it was a fun, feisty match

If you haven't yet voted for your Man of the Match at Forest, you have till 3.58pm UK time Friday to do so ;) ;) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.