Match Thread Nottingham Forest vs Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreading this.

They are well decent at home. Think the best on offer for us is a dogged 0-0. And I'll take it, too.

i just can't see dyche letting the handbrake off for this one.

both teams will be playing not to lose.

i'll go with either a 0-0 or 1-1.

a draw won't be the end of the world.
It’s not, but these are the games we really have to be winning, against other teams in the bottom half.

….absolutely dreading this, feel sick every time I think about it.

I’m of a strong opinion that we have to catch Forest to stay up. A defeat tomorrow will put them out of sight. Its not only a massive game for us, it’s massive for them because a win virtually sees them safe.
Well hopefully they bottle it then, eh..

It’s not, but these are the games we really have to be winning, against other teams in the bottom half.
Yeah it is for me, plus a win next week as well, these games are in the same way a must win as it was last year when we beat Chelsea late in the season. A lot of people back then that game were saying a draw was good enough when it would have left us 4 points from getting out the bottom 3 with 2 odd weeks left, at that point. we have to be beating teams i say we have a good chance of beating, people acting as though we will beat chelsea because they are not good etc forget we are worst as well as everyone knowing the rest about away record/cant score, never win at cheslea etc

Play to win fs. Not hope and pray we somehow nick one
Fair comment this. If we lose we are even more doomed than I think we are already. Can’t afford to go with the usual keep it tight and hope for the best strategy. Got to take the game to them somehow but that plan might be a nonstarter given the players available

Prediction from the bookies.... I'd take that anytime!

Nottingham Forest 1-1 Everton​

• Sky Sports: Sunday, 14:00 GMT
This is a pretty big game in the relegation battle - a proper six-pointer. Forest have been a different animal at home compared to away, and welcome Everton unbeaten in eight at the City Ground.

Their process in that time reads 1.24 xGF and 1.54 xGA per game, though that xGA average does feature a 3.21 against Manchester City last time out to boost it. On the whole, they have been tough to break down.

Everton are five games into the Sean Dyche era and have collected six points, scoring just twice while conceding eight. They have faced two tough away trips to date (Liverpool and Arsenal), meaning this is the most winnable road game they will have had under their new supremo.

Despite Forest looking solid at the back, it is worth noting just how much Everton are creating currently. Under Dyche, they have averaged 1.53 xGF per game, so can get on the scoresheet here in a tightly-contested game.

Think this is potentially the biggest game of the season, everything can pivot from this. Must win, if we don’t I can see the players heads just going. You can already see it with some “top” players like Iwobi and those Turkey rumours, things like that don’t come out of thin air, he’s a starter for us now and he’s clearly not up for it if we’re gonna be struggling, last year was one thing, these lot probably thought that was a blip, they’re where they are now based on merit and merit alone now.

Another massive 6 pointer as it may likely be NF near the bottom when the season ends. We dont need to win the Arsenal, City, Tottenham matches, but with our situation we absolutely have to take the points from our direct competitors for the drop. Honestly, I can see this match going any number of ways, and I just hope NF make a huge error in the back and Dyche has them surprisingly ready to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.